re thinking Milk and your health

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped drinking milk when I was in HS. I lost the taste for it and as it turns out it wasn't very healthy anyway.

I don't want to raise the bull flag on that website and it's information, as the information it contains has at least some basis in fact.

However, it is good to know the entire truth. Certain hormones we ingest are instantly broken down in the digestive tract. We cannot, for example, take a "testosterone" pill and expect to raise testosterone levels. Same goes for the very low levels of other hormones and factors that make it into cows milk. They simply don't have a biological impact, both due to the very low levels and the fact that they are instantly broken down.

We must remember, milk is heated and processed into a very safe product, devoid of bacteria and other pathogens.

Milk may not be as good for you as advertisers claim. But it's far from horrible for otherwise healthy individuals. Consider the French paradox, they eat plenty of cheese and dairy, plus drink plenty of wine, which leads to a longer than expected lifespan and better than expected health.

A better choice for some could be almond or coconut milk.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4524299/

Last edited:
I drank tankers of milk up until 7 or 8 years ago when I suddenly lost the taste for it, the smell would make me nauseous. Now it's been so long I can't tolerate dairy except as cheese. Can't say I felt any different before and after milk and I quit suddenly.

These sites make me laugh because the recommended replacements are always way more expensive that the evil product.

We don't buy cows milk and drink Cashew Milk instead. (That isn't on the shelf but refrigerated because it tastes better)
It's got a tad bit of a nutty taste to it but otherwise tastes just like milk and it works well in coffee etc.

Last edited:
And eggs have been bad for us and good for us how many times now. I lost count.

Humans are the only mammals to drink milk after being weened as a baby. We don't really need it. If you enjoy milk then drink a glass or two of 1% or skim milk along with a glass or two of water each day. Milk does not quench my thirst like water (or diet soda) does.

What is necessary however is chocolate ice cream!!

Originally Posted by Donald
Humans are the only mammals to drink milk after being weened as a baby. We don't really need it.

This doesn't follow.

Humans are the only mammals to drink milk after being weened as a baby.
Humans are the only mammals that do a lot of things that other mammals don't. So what?

I love milk, I drink at least a gallon a week since I can remember.

My grandparents had 3 dairy cows because they had 4 grandkids and we all loved milk. Now the grandparents are gone, but I still consume store bought milk. Store bought milk doesn't taste much different here, not as fat (3.5%), but EU has more stringent rules than the ones imposed by the FDA in the U.S. when it comes to milk quality...

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
I get asthma and skin problems when I drink milk so it's a no go for me

Then donkey milk it's for you...It works wonders...not kidding, but quite expensive at $80/gallon

I gave up milk two years ago... it was my favorite drink. Milk and cookies? MMMMMM. But... little did I know that I had a slight allergy to it. I felt like a new man in three days. My skin cleared up, I quit snoring, had more energy, stopped clearing my throat all the time, could breathe through my nose again, and no longer felt bloated.

Who knew? I would have laughed at anyone telling me to give up milk. But... a friend suggested that I give up all dairy for just two weeks and see how I feel. It was a real eye opener. I have not had any milk since and only a little bit of cheese now and then. Butter is ok for me, and I put about a tablespoon of whole cream in my coffee.

I would strongly suggest to anyone drinking milk to go cold turkey for a few days and see how you feel.

Humans are the only mammals to drink milk after being weened as a baby. We don't really need it.

Humans are the only mammals to change a naturally growing grass into corn crop that will not reproduce without human intervention, done over the centuries. Should we also avoid all corn?

Originally Posted by diyjake
Almond Milk is a close alternative to cow's milk.

I far prefer the taste of an almond milk-coconut milk blend over any form of regular milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back