NEW! Shell Rotella Gas Truck Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/products/gas-truck-synthetic-engine-oil.html

0W-20, 5W-20 and 5W-30

OEM Specifications and Approvals for Shell ROTELLA® Gas Truck Full Synthetic Engine Oil
Chrysler MS-6395
Ford WSS- WSS-M2C945-B1
GM dexos1â„¢ Gen 2

Shell ROTELLA® Gas Truck Full Synthetic Engine Oil Exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications:
API SN-Resource Conserving and all previous categories
API SN PLUS
ILSAC GF-5

So will it be:
SRRB - shell rotella red bottle?
SRGT - shell rotella gas truck?
smile.gif

Screenshot_20181107-231419_Chrome.jpg

Great marketing. We shall see how it performs and what the price is? I haven't seen it in any store chain yet? Just returned home from shopping. Ugggh!

SRGT sounds better to me!

What could possibly be any different? Another 50 ppm of Moly? I wouldn't pay a premium for that.

Years ago there was Mobil 1 Truck and SUV. Supposedly more robust in some way for dealing with heavier engine loads for pulling trailers and stuff.

Originally Posted by ammolab
Now you see why Rotella 5W-40 dropped the SM/SN certification....

I don't.

A 5w40 HDEO is not equal to a 0w20, 5w20, and 5w30 PCMO.

Boring oil with a brand name marketing to the thick oil crowd. Boo.

How is this any different than the other SOPUS synthetic offerings?

If it's priced over Pennzoil Platinum, I see no reason to use it regardless of formulation.

I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for closeout pricing in one of the local retailers [that carry it] in a year or two.
wink.gif

Why do they have this disclaimer?

SAE 0W-20 motor oils may not be suitable for use in older engines, so always consult your owner's manual for the correct viscosity grade and performance recommendation required for your vehicle.

I keep reading here that internal clearances/tolerances haven't changed since the 60s.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Why do they have this disclaimer?

SAE 0W-20 motor oils may not be suitable for use in older engines, so always consult your owner's manual for the correct viscosity grade and performance recommendation required for your vehicle.

I keep reading here that internal clearances/tolerances haven't changed since the 60s.

A smart way to cover themselves if you ask me. Maybe they had to address problems running thinner oils in engines not spec'd for it. The disclaimer takes care of that.
27.gif

Originally Posted by ammolab
Now you see why Rotella 5W-40 dropped the SM/SN certification....

I called Royal Purple and asked why Duralec 15w40 dropped /SN and they said the oil has not changed they just didn't want to pay for the license. All about keeping market share.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'll have to remember to keep an eye out for closeout pricing in one of the local retailers [that carry it] in a year or two.
wink.gif

This! I have a feeling this will be sold in select stores who can sell this for a few bucks more than QSUD/PPPP. It looks like a thick 30, closer to the Euro oils

5w-30
0w-20
5w-20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back