Fram TG2 cut & post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ablebody
I understand that the media is glued to the endcaps. I also understand the endcaps should over lap the center tube some . There isn't supposed to be the gapping. So what yall are saying is it still won't leak by because the metal leaf spring/bpv housing fits into the core and presses up against the endcap. On the other side the silicone adbv fits into the core and presses up against the other end cap. So your counting on that tight fit inside the can to create a perfect seal. I wouldn't plumb the drain to my outdoor sink with a concept like that even though it flow freely with out pressure.

Like many have already said, if there is a sealing ring impression in the end cap around the center tube then everything was compressed tightly together and it's sealing and not leaking oil through that area. You apparently understand it, but you and another (same guy, 2 handles?) keep bringing this up in every thread where an end cap photo is posted, even though there is really nothing wrong with the filter.

Some here get so tied up in the off center tubes. Obviously, I know nothing about oil filters, filter manufacturing, function, and assembly, but the center tube to end cap seam clearly does not have glue. Be it flush or slightly off center, what difference would that really make aside from cosmetic satisfaction? The bypass/ spring seals everything and keeps the filter fully seated with the leaf spring.

It's an oil filter, not an implant.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dlundblad
Some here get so tied up in the off center tubes. Obviously, I know nothing about oil filters, filter manufacturing, function, and assembly, but the center tube to end cap seam clearly does not have glue. Be it flush or slightly off center, what difference would that really make aside from cosmetic satisfaction? The bypass/ spring seals everything and keeps the filter fully seated with the leaf spring.

It's an oil filter, not an implant.

I ran my Tough Guard 20k and people thought i was nuts. Didn't cause my Camry to blow up either.

Originally Posted by goodtimes
If the end cap is not covering the center tube, the area of pleating where it is glued is exposed. It is in the pictures. When the adbv or bypass is inserted into the end cap hole and the filter is pressed together, it's considerable pressure. The bare steel center tube now presses up on the adbv or bypass valve. The fiber end cap is not in between. If there is any glue from potting the tube can cut it off. That's for sure why I found a fairly large circular glue shard in my TG center tube. matched the hole radius perfectly. I posted pictures. I took the shard out with my finger after removing the adbv. That's why I won't use them anymore. Just like finding any major defect in a filter, once burned don't go back.
The part that puzzling to me is the denial. I would fix end cap centering pronto if I were on the factory floor. This one was off a little, mine was off a lot. With a thank you for finding this error of ours, and sorry for your trouble with our oil filter.

This is why I keep asking people to explain and/or draw pictures. I disagree with that analysis and will try to post some pictures this weekend to explain why.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
If the end cap is not covering the center tube, the area of pleating where it is glued is exposed. It is in the pictures. When the adbv or bypass is inserted into the end cap hole and the filter is pressed together, it's considerable pressure. The bare steel center tube now presses up on the adbv or bypass valve. The fiber end cap is not in between. If there is any glue from potting the tube can cut it off. That's for sure why I found a fairly large circular glue shard in my TG center tube. matched the hole radius perfectly. I posted pictures. I took the shard out with my finger after removing the adbv. That's why I won't use them anymore. Just like finding any major defect in a filter, once burned don't go back.
The part that puzzling to me is the denial. I would fix end cap centering pronto if I were on the factory floor. This one was off a little, mine was off a lot. With a thank you for finding this error of ours, and sorry for your trouble with our oil filter.

This is why I keep asking people to explain and/or draw pictures. I disagree with that analysis and will try to post some pictures this weekend to explain why.

You are showing the post I deleted, because I am tired of the arguing. It seems very simple to understand. I don't think you should be showing deleted posts you picked up in the short interval they can be deleted. .

35.gif

I was replying while you deleted it apparently...

So if you're tired of arguing feel free to stop. Though I'm not really arguing, I'm just trying to facilitate understanding. I actually appreciate your explanation.

If you'd like to have a moderator delete post then feel free to ask, I don't have an issue with it.

You are showing the post I deleted, because I am tired of the arguing. It seems very simple to understand. I don't think you should be showing deleted posts you picked up in the short interval they can be deleted.

Don't hit the "Post Reply" button if you don't want it possibly quoted. It was quoted before it was deleted.

So if you're tired of arguing feel free to stop. Though I'm not really arguing, I'm just trying to facilitate understanding. I actually appreciate your explanation.

If you'd like to have a moderator delete post then feel free to ask, I don't have an issue with it.

You're not the Big Arguer on here. I know the reply was done in the few seconds. Didn't stop the Big Arguer from offering his
49.gif
worth of criticism when it isn't his business.
Back to topic, maybe examples help. It's like a knife cutting a piece of cheese, put an end cap over the blade and it doesn't cut the cheese off any more. For sure the engineering drawings for these filters don't show the center tube exposed in the end cap hole. So the guys in charge of making these things should fix it. Then say thanks for noticing that.

Just stating simple logic and a clear observation. You get yourself into trouble, don't blame others. And now you're back to name calling.

I didn't know public chat forums were used for personal business. If you don't want other people making comments in a public thread, best to take it to PM.

For sure the engineering drawings for these filters don't show the center tube exposed in the end cap hole.

Do you have the drawings in front of you?

As long as there's a sealing impression in the end cap all the way around the center tube, then it doesn't matter if the end cap covers the edge of the center tube or not.

You are showing the post I deleted, because I am tired of the arguing. It seems very simple to understand. I don't think you should be showing deleted posts you picked up in the short interval they can be deleted. .

Goodtimes- I see your point but your circumstance and my circumstance are completely different. You should take your photos and start a thread of your own. To constantly vent in other threads is nonsense.

DuckRyder - thanks for facilitating a better understanding.

You're not the Big Arguer on here. I know the reply was done in the few seconds. Didn't stop the Big Arguer from offering his
49.gif
worth of criticism when it isn't his business.
Back to topic, maybe examples help. It's like a knife cutting a piece of cheese, put an end cap over the blade and it doesn't cut the cheese off any more. For sure the engineering drawings for these filters don't show the center tube exposed in the end cap hole. So the guys in charge of making these things should fix it. Then say thanks for noticing that.

Consider the "Great Arguer" has forgotten more about filtration than you and I combined will ever know.

I can't understand the love for these.

Two largest oil filter outlets here in Lower Michigan (Meijer and Walmart) discontinued Purolators. Get both stores to admit why they quit Purolators and then you'll have the answer for the love affair.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I can't understand the love for these.

Two largest oil filter outlets here in Lower Michigan (Meijer and Walmart) discontinued Purolators. Get both stores to admit why they quit Purolators and then you'll have the answer for the love affair.

Very true. If people saw how many TORE Purolator, "made by Putolators" i cut and posted then people would NOT want to run a Purolator. Its that easy to understand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back