Fram TG2 cut & post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for an explanation on how they bypass oil from that little air gap.

Originally Posted by goodtimes
Too bad some people result to insulting instead of staying on the topic. Insulting people is not "winning." As we get older we usually get wiser.
My issue isn't sealing, that was another topic. It's the possibility of glue, which the pleats better have on their ends, cut off by the center tube and washed into the engine. Because excess glue isn't there now, doesn't mean it wasn't. I found loose glue inside my TG. So what is the black on the center tube, glue?

If you had an issue, why didn't you document it in your own thread instead of taking this one hostage?

Originally Posted by maxdustington
FRAM Canada? Was this purchased from Rock Auto? Second Canadian TG I have seen C&Ped south of the border.

I get these at Walmart.

Originally Posted by Ablebody
I'll never put another one of those glue shedding leaker byers on one of my cars again.

That little gap does not pass light in any direction. Therefore I would not call it a leaker.

Up close and personal, there is clear evidence the thread end cap was sealed to the ADBV. There is also clear evidence the leaf spring was sealed to the dome end cap.

You are welcome to use the filter of your choice.

I plan to use the filter of my choice.

Originally Posted by WellOiled
Too bad some people result to insulting instead of staying on the topic. Insulting people is not "winning." As we get older we usually get wiser.
My issue isn't sealing, that was another topic. It's the possibility of glue, which the pleats better have on their ends, cut off by the center tube and washed into the engine. Because excess glue isn't there now, doesn't mean it wasn't. I found loose glue inside my TG. So what is the black on the center tube, glue?

If you had an issue, why didn't you document it in your own thread instead of taking this one hostage?

The glue shard story comes up in every Fram thread that shows a photo of the center tube.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

The glue shard story comes up in every Fram thread that shows a photo of the center tube.

I accommodated user goodtimes by posting the center tube photos. Thus there is no attempt to withhold information. Additionally, I have seen adhesive on the outlet side of other makes and models. Two manufacturers are very popular.

I'll never put another one of those glue shedding leaker byers on one of my cars again.

You clearly do not even understand how an oil filter works. The plastisol glue is what seals the ends of the filter media. You could completely remove the center tube from this filter and it still would not leak unfiltered oil into the engine. I would be happy to explain to you different construction methods and how an oil filter works if you like. You instead seem to be intent on just bashing the product without any understand of its functionality. Enjoy your day

Originally Posted by Motorking

You clearly do not even understand how an oil filter works. The plastisol glue is what seals the ends of the filter media. You could completely remove the center tube from this filter and it still would not leak unfiltered oil into the engine. I would be happy to explain to you different construction methods and how an oil filter works if you like. You instead seem to be intent on just bashing the product without any understand of its functionality. Enjoy your day

Jay, welcome to the party. Many of us appreciate your inputs on things. I might learn something from you.

Some of the users think the plastisol glue on the outlet side of the center tube is a big issue. I am not really sure this is a major issue. I have seen glue on the outlet side of the center tubes on other makes and models of filters and they are very popular. Can you share your perspective on this question?

Thanks in advance.

I understand fine actually, thanks.
Will fram be correcting the off center endcap and glue issues or do they just send you around to deny and minimize issues.

Will fram be correcting the off center endcap and glue issues or do they just send you around to deny and minimize issues.

Not sure what you are talking about glue issues? And, the center tube off center by a tiny fraction has zero effect on the filters ability to function properly. The tube is there to support the filter media from collapse under oil pressure. The plastisol glue on the end cap is what seals the media, not the center tube. And if you know me (clearly you do not) you know I do not lie for any of the companies I have provided tech support for now or in the past including Airtex, ASC, Champion Labs, Fram, Prestone, Autolite, Wells Vehicle Electronics, Bendix Brakes. I carry customer concerns right back into engineering and marketing meetings, always taking the customer side. The only thing I own in the world is my reputation and it's not for sale brother.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Just like in a couple of other thread going on right now, that air gap on the center tube doesn't matter as long as there is a 100% seal impression on the end cap, which there looks to be. I think a few people really don't understand what's going on here.

Yep. Making a stink over nothing. Glue is a thing - it seals 'gaps' like this one.

Not sure what you are talking about glue issues? And, the center tube off center by a tiny fraction has zero effect on the filters ability to function properly. The tube is there to support the filter media from collapse under oil pressure. The plastisol glue on the end cap is what seals the media, not the center tube. And if you know me (clearly you do not) you know I do not lie for any of the companies I have provided tech support for now or in the past including Airtex, ASC, Champion Labs, Fram, Prestone, Autolite, Wells Vehicle Electronics, Bendix Brakes. I carry customer concerns right back into engineering and marketing meetings, always taking the customer side. The only thing I own in the world is my reputation and it's not for sale brother.

I understand that the media is glued to the endcaps. I also understand the endcaps should over lap the center tube some . There isn't supposed to be the gapping. So what yall are saying is it still won't leak by because the metal leaf spring/bpv housing fits into the core and presses up against the endcap. On the other side the silicone adbv fits into the core and presses up against the other end cap. So your counting on that tight fit inside the can to create a perfect seal. I wouldn't plumb the drain to my outdoor sink with a concept like that even though it flow freely with out pressure.

Able - go back and re-read what he said. He's saying that before the oil even reaches that so-called "gap" between the center tube and endcap, it has ALREADY passed through the filter media and thus been filtered. The tube is merely a center support and does no filtering. It's a NON-issue.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Able - go back and re-read what he said. He's saying that before the oil even reaches that so-called "gap" between the center tube and endcap, it has ALREADY passed through the filter media and thus been filtered. The tube is merely a center support and does no filtering. It's a NON-issue.

Lol wow thanks.

Ablebody,

You are "new" here so you may not know that Motorking works for Fram and has extensive knowledge in this arena.

It's clear you have a huge negative bias towards Fram. Discussions here are based on facts and scientific evidence and testing not personal reasons.

If there are any more derogatory posts in the thread I may report the user and this will likely get the thread locked.

Please do. Last time i reported 2 people, nothing good came out of it. Good luck sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
If there are any more derogatory posts in the thread I may report the user and this will likely get the thread locked.

Please do. Last time i reported 2 people, nothing good came out of it. Good luck sir
smile.gif

I have been derogatory too and am not claiming innocence.

You are welcome and Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back