What hydraulic filter has 3/4+16 threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to add one to a filter mount I ordered to put in the return line from the cooler.
I'd like to find a good efficient hydraulic filter instead of an oil filter. I'm not real concerned with a bypass.
Thanks

Baldwin B2-HPG likely one of the better, more available filters that have very fine filtration and sturdy construction. Might not be a "hydraulic" filter but if this is for an engine it's a very good filter.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Baldwin B2-HPG likely one of the better, more available filters that have very fine filtration and sturdy construction. Might not be a "hydraulic" filter but if this is for an engine it's a very good filter.

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks

Descriptions: High Performance Glass Full-Flow Lube Spin-on (Also Used as Hydraulic or Transmission)
Contains: Anti-Drainback Valve;8 PSID Front End By-Pass Valve
Fits: Antonio Carraro, Hagie, Hymac, Steyr-Daimler-Puch Equipment; Iveco, R.V.I. Trucks
Replaces: Allis Chalmers 7023700-0; Case A146696; Ford B7A-6714-A, C9NN-6714-A
Thread: 3/4-16
O.D.: 3 11/16 (93.7)
Length: 5 13/32 (137.3)
I. Gskt.: G381-A
UPC: 791440000025
It says also used as a hydraulic or transmissions filter.
Thanks again.
Do you know how to see the micron rating?

Originally Posted by Ablebody
I'd like to add one to a filter mount I ordered to put in the return line from the cooler.
I'd like to find a good efficient hydraulic filter instead of an oil filter. I'm not real concerned with a bypass.
Thanks

Many of them use the same element inside.

However, for the BEST - look at :

The Baldwin HPG series, or -10 filters

the Donaldson Synteq,

Fleetguard Stratopore

and Fram Ultra ( & also Royal Purple)

Will all be the best media

Do you know how to see the micron rating?

These B2-HPG are really pretty good, I think they are around 2-5 microns nominal, and about 10-15 absolute.

Remember, a normal automatic trans filter is about 100 microns!!!!

Thanks

If you are plumbing it in-line, and not on a bypass basis, very tight filter media could be a problem, and could result in restriction or blockage of the oil stream that goes to the tank-cooler and then comes back into the transmission / transaxle. If memory serves, some of the ATF cooler streams are subsequently routed to a lube point... so other than an impaired cooling cct, you would also suffer lack of lubrication. Certainly, YMMV - but for me I would never configure an ATF additional filter in line. The comment above about OEM filters being as much as 100 micron - they are, for a reason.

OTOH, some folks here have plumbed in tight filter media, in line, but also have plumbed in a differential pressure indicator (gauge) - and have very closely watched for media load-up.

Why would you risk it, if bypass arrangement works exceedingly well.

I have a Napa 1269 on my Tacoma.
FleetFilter-51269
Napa 1269 / Wix 51269
If I don't change my mind, I'm gonna put a Fram Ultra XG8A on it next. They're supposed to be something like 99%+ at 20 microns and 80% at 5 microns.

The 1269 is 10 nominal, beta ratio of 2/20=5/17.

I've had the remote filter/1269 on my Tacoma for 6 years with no issues. These filters have an 8 psi bypass if anybody is worried about that.

Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT
If you are plumbing it in-line, and not on a bypass basis, very tight filter media could be a problem, and could result in restriction or blockage of the oil stream that goes to the tank-cooler and then comes back into the transmission / transaxle. If memory serves, some of the ATF cooler streams are subsequently routed to a lube point... so other than an impaired cooling cct, you would also suffer lack of lubrication.

No..... You have a better chance of getting killed by lightning. Yes, seriously.

The Baldwin BT839-10 filter on my trans line has a flow rating of somewhere close to 20 GPM.....

That filter will last 300,000 miles at that rate on my F150, and still NEVER even get close to being a restriction.

Same with the XG-8A and other similar synthetic media filters - right around 20 GPM in that size.

............and - they never plug up. I cut one open that was on an Allison trans for 80,000 - it had almost nothing in it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back