I voted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could vote because so much of what happens in the U.S. affects Canada. Oh well. Thanks to the OP for voting.
thumbsup2.gif

Wife and I voted at 6am this morning. Will be headed home to eat sushi and drink wine while the results come in. Will be a good night!

I voted at 6:15 AM polls open at 6. It was crowded, no booths, I filled mine out on a shelf on the wall. Good to see interest. I hope they all voted correctly, you know like I did. Ha ha

They mail the ballot right to my house!! Super easy, no excuse for not voting. And don't have to drive to the polling place or wait in line for two hours. Do all my research from the comfort of my home, fill it out, send it in. Its by far the easiest way to go.

Oz is different, polling is compulsory and on a Saturday (Postal and pre poll are available).

We've got another relatively recent tradition, is fund raising "sausage sizzles" where charities (typically, or the school if the polling place is a school) cook cheap sausages on a BBQ, split served on white bread, with or without onions, and your choice of ketchup or BBQ sauce...$2-$3...while you are waiting in line.

Came to be called the "democracy sausage", and there's net resources to help you find which polling places have them...

https://democracysausage.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back