Fram TG2 cut & post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by goodtimes
Filter looks good except the adbv and bypass valve end cap holes are not shown, because those parts are still in place..

OK......

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Filter looks good except the adbv and bypass valve end cap holes are not shown, because those parts are still in place..

OK......

He's looking for defects ...
lol.gif

A great looking filter.... Fram has done very good with the TG line has well....

Thank you for your great pictures and work here man.

No defects here, the filter came out looking pristine. When I get around to it, I will take a couple more pictures.

I have 2 more Tough Guards and a NAPA Gold to C&P. I bet they look just as pristine.

BTW the Ranger purrs like a kitten on warm milk.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
A great looking filter.... Fram has done very good with the TG line has well....

Thank you for your great pictures and work here man.

You are welcome.

I have added 2 more photos to dispel the belief that I withheld anything from the C&P.

Note the end caps are sealed to the center tube and there are no signs of bypassing.

C6651740-3082-4481-9F25-FC1789B3DEAE.jpeg

C0C4F3C5-27B4-4B7F-AFF6-DD7B531389E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Same filter that is currently in use on my Ram and soon to be on my wife's Impala when the XG's run out.

Thanks for the C&P. Takes away any remaining concerns I had about using this filter, especially on my wife's car.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by irv
Same filter that is currently in use on my Ram and soon to be on my wife's Impala when the XG's run out.

Thanks for the C&P. Takes away any remaining concerns I had about using this filter, especially on my wife's car.
cheers3.gif

I think it is a very good filter. This leaves Excellent for the Ultra.

Originally Posted by Ablebody
Notice the gapping between the end cap and center tube. That ones a leaker buyer.

Yeah, i didnt even notice that. My bad

Notice the gapping between the end cap and center tube. That ones a leaker buyer.

Its easy to miss, I understand.

There was no startup rattle on this one so likely not much of a leak. Completely insignificant for a daily driver.

Originally Posted by WellOiled

There was no startup rattle on this one so likely not much of a leak. Completely insignificant for a daily driver.

Well its your engine.

Just like in a couple of other thread going on right now, that air gap on the center tube doesn't matter as long as there is a 100% seal impression on the end cap, which there looks to be. I think a few people really don't understand what's going on here.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Just like in a couple of other thread going on right now, that air gap on the center tube doesn't matter as long as there is a 100% seal impression on the end cap, which there looks to be. I think a few people really don't understand what's going on here.

Ya think?

At least YOU and I do

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

+2

Too bad some people result to insulting instead of staying on the topic. Insulting people is not "winning." As we get older we usually get wiser.
My issue isn't sealing, that was another topic. It's the possibility of glue, which the pleats better have on their ends, cut off by the center tube and washed into the engine. Because excess glue isn't there now, doesn't mean it wasn't. I found loose glue inside my TG. So what is the black on the center tube, glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back