Anyone tried Produxa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook is being absolutely flooded with this product, at least on my pages. Of course, all umpteen-hundred comments are pro-product, no negative ones. Has any actually tried this certain product? Got a 15% discount code and the price is pretty reasonable. Thinking of using it on the new 18 CRV.

Never tried it, but I looked it up online and did a little reading/digging. It's expensive, and the reviews I've seen are mixed.. I suspect many (if not most) of the positive ones are paid or compensated reviews.

Considering the price, lack of real background, etc.. I would definitely skip it and just stick with an established product that works.

What is it, exactly, that you are hoping to accomplish by using this product, if you don't mind my asking?

Looks kind of gimmicky to me, much like Chemical Guys products. All flash on the advertisements and a sub-par product at best.

Originally Posted by Delta
Looks kind of gimmicky to me, much like Chemical Guys products. All flash on the advertisements and a sub-par product at best.

Gimmicky yes...but Chemical Guys is legit.

The wives new CRV ....need to put a coat of something on it and just don't have the time to really spend a day waxing, polishing, etc. etc. This product "supposedly" last longer than wax and super quick and easy to put on. Her car is black, so it's going to suck up some sun. Just trying to protect it quickly before winter sets in down here.

CarPro Reload spray sealant - one of the best you're going to find. Easy to use and works amazingly well.

Another good one is McKee's 37 Hydro Blue spray.

Both are around $32 for a good size bottle, and both have the advantage of being well-known and widely used in the industry. I've used both and I find them both to be very good. If you search YouTube, you'll find lots of videos showing both products.

Most notably lacking from their website (https://www.produxa.store/) are any kind of instructions or recommended surface preparation before application. Sorry, but any kind of detailing product that does not even mention the most fundamental aspect of a finish coating is very suspect, in my view of the world.

Ray

Originally Posted by PimTac
Lots of well known and proven brands out there. Check Autogeek for more research.

I agree completely. The fake markup/markdown is enough to turn me off immediately. Duragloss Aquawax is a spray on sealant for about ten bucks. It does offer protection and a killer shine.

Tried it, hate it. Streaking is off the chain, so I used it on my wheels until it was gone.

My current favorite is Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker. No streaking, and great resistance to sticky stuff like bird poo.

Runner up favorites are GTechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal, followed by Chemical Guys V7 Optical, and then Optimum Opti-Seal, although that can be streaky too.

Figured it might not be all that.....thanks for the reply's...but dang.....those infomercials are so catchy.

I did a lot of research on Produxa and found more bad then good. Durability was just not there for most users. I also researched Hydro Silex and it is the real deal. I just detailed my first car with Hydro Silex today. It was just as advertised and worked very well. Left a super slick coating on the paint. Water beads extremely tight. We will see how durable it is. I'll be posting a full review with pictures soon.

I never trust the products pushed on Facebook...they all seem like snake oil to me...

Originally Posted by grampi
I never trust the products pushed on Facebook...they all seem like snake oil to me...

Yep. Legit products will have other, legit outlets. Amazon, Autogeek, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back