Kubota Bx1850 front axle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased 10 year old 200hr tractor. Replacing all fluids calls for either super udt2 or 80-90w gear oil. Gear oil has no spec like GL5. In synthetic can find either 75-90w auto or 80-90w marine. Both have the Gl5 spec but auto has a whole list. What fluid would you use.

Trans hyd fluid or a light gear oil will work. The rear differential has trans hyd fluid lubing it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Fitter30
Just purchased 10 year old 200hr tractor. Replacing all fluids calls for either super udt2 or 80-90w gear oil. Gear oil has no spec like GL5. In synthetic can find either 75-90w auto or 80-90w marine. Both have the Gl5 spec but auto has a whole list. What fluid would you use.

I have a new BX2380 and just completed the 50 hour service. Although a front axle oil change was not required, I decided to do one anyway. I used Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90.

To complete the 50 hour service, I used Rotella T6 Synthetic 5w-40 in the engine (genuine Kubota oil filter), and Kubota Super UDT2 in the transmission/hydraulic system. I used a genuine Kubota filter here as well.

These are fantastic little tractors. I just got finished moving thirty five yards of topsoil around here, and it beats the heck out of using a shovel!

I own two Kubotas a BX2370 and a L2501, I run 80-90 synthetic in the front diff, Rotella T6 5-40 in the engine. The hydraulic system I DO NOT run sudt2, the salesman and two mechanics told me to run this, it specs the same as the Kubota fluid (they wouldn't /couldn't) tell me who actually bottles the Kubota fluid. I set a email to this company asking if it was 100% truly sudt2 approved. He replied absolutely 100% that is. He then sent me the full msds and chemical analysis of his oil and the bottled Kubota oil. They were 100% identical and he stated when they are blended there is nothing different as they come off the line. I believe this it the supplier of the Kubota fluids.

Amalie Ultra All-Trac 245 Hydraulic Fluid - 4/1Gal case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008QDHAN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2qQ4Bb941HG2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back