Scotty Kilmer: All for Catch Cans on GDI (8/2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think StevieC posted this same video a while back.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Oh boy... sorry about that folks. Mods, please delete if so.

I refuse to watch this guy. There's so many other YouTube channels that are much more informative and accurate.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Who is Scotty Kilmer, and why should I care?

He's a guy that has made over a million dollars making Youtube videos.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

I did, and I bought that catch can although I used it with fuel hose and not that cheap crap he shows there. I had it on my Toyota and caught a good dose of oil. I was debating to use it on my Caravan but it's port injected so I don't really care if there is oil going through the intake and judging by my dad's with 300K it has very little oil in the intake. He also uses conventional and I'm using Synthetic.

Originally Posted by philipp10
If a catch can is beneficial why do 't the manufacturers put them on?

Because it's hard enough to get people to change their oil and air filter and no one wants to have to empty a canister of oil.

Scotty Kilmer is an imbecile only matched by those that think he actually knows anything. I wouldn't let that dude suck the air out of my over-inflated tires much less any real mechanics work. Have you seen his garage?

Originally Posted by sloinker
Scotty Kilmer is an imbecile only matched by those that think he actually knows anything. I wouldn't let that dude suck the air out of my over-inflated tires much less any real mechanics work. Have you seen his garage?

Can we see yours?

I still think i would be interesting to use a catch can ( after emptying it) to add solvent, like berryman b-12 and use that to dose the intake valves for cleaning. For DI engines i mean.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by philipp10
If a catch can is beneficial why do 't the manufacturers put them on?

Because it's hard enough to get people to change their oil and air filter and no one wants to have to empty a canister of oil.

I may put the one i had in the Sonata back into service in the Sportage. But it honestly didn't collect much while in the Hyundai, which is the reason i took it out. I'll look for it tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

Someone wanted to compare my garage to that hack Scotty Kilmer? Sure!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back