Flowzair by Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is this new Amsoil air filter gonna be available?

[ July 19, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Gebo ]

Shortly they said, the most popular first, Ford, GM and Dodge trucks. TS-189 is out for the 2003 Dodge trucks and it replaces Mopar #53032700AA.

quote:

Originally posted by Mike:
Shortly they said, the most popular first, Ford, GM and Dodge trucks. TS-189 is out for the 2003 Dodge trucks and it replaces Mopar #53032700AA.

Mike?? Boy you are fast. Did I miss you at the convention?

I have been meaning to ask about the "new" air filters. What it looks like is some fancy new packing and cool blue color.
dunno.gif

Can you prove me wrong?

What are the specs? What is different compared to the old filters? What product is it most like? Is it better ... or just new? Are their any real world comparisons, or just the usual squewered Amsoil tests?
rolleyes.gif

As the older stock is sold off, the new versions will be introduced. I expect them to have a few new applications, including the cone-shaped filters for Ford trucks.

The material used for the base (of some of the planar filters) and the edging for some of the odd-shaped ones is a different material. It will hold in place better with less pressure.
The foam is (far as I can figure) the same as the older models--manufactured in Superior by AMSOIL (well, the A J Amatuzio Filter company).

Far as the testing--standardized, accepted by the industry, but for those who still don't believe anything published by AMSOIL, make up your own mind.

I have a TS123 in my 2001 GMC and TS83 in my 2002 Trans Am WS6. They are both the new design. Qualtiy is much better as is fit. I like them a lot.

I guess you will have to judge for yourself and not let others bias sway you either way.

Here is info I received the other week.

did you see this thread with a scan of the brochure?

quote:

Two of the three, TS123 and the TS83 were converted some time ago and as far as I know all the previous "foam fit type" filters have been sold off. The TS94 is not scheduled to be converted until the end of the program. Order your filters now and you should get the new flowzair style except for the TS94 which will not be available for several months.

For some, no matter how its made or how good it is, it will never be good enough.

[ August 27, 2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Mike ]

I quit using and selling the old Amsoil planar air filters because of the lousy edge seals. Looks like old sucker Al actually listened to me!!!!
smile.gif

I will try one someday...I mean soon...

Pablo,

What are the specs? What is different compared to the old filters? What product is it most like? Is it better ... or just new? Are their any real world comparisons?

Pablo,

I had two of the older versions, one in my 2001 GMC was a real tight fit to get in. Your hands got dirty and its was messy to install. I put in the new TS123 last week and it just dropped in. The fit was perfect. The blue EVA seal takes the place of the form fit seal. It makes installing them a snap. The other went into my 2002 Trans Am and was the same, perfect fit an easy to install. They also come packaged in a better plastic bag so no oil can possible leak out prior to opening.

AS for comparisons, to what I ask. Every-time someone puts up comparisons, no one trusts a word of anything.

I'll just stick with paper filters.

Foam filters are more restrictive than any other type of filter - just ask the KGB and CIA about their desert vehicles.

quote:

Originally posted by metroplex:
Foam filters are more restrictive than any other type of filter - just ask the KGB and CIA about their desert vehicles.

I'll need names and numbers...
wink.gif

and an interpreter!!
shocked.gif

I've ordered Baldwins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back