Mobil 1 filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wdn
I laugh at the constant pimping for Fram Ultra in this forum. The zealotry is hilarious. To the original poster: The Mobil 1 product is an excellent top shelf product that Champion Labs warrants for one year or 20,000 miles in service when used with a full synthetic motor oil designed for your oil change interval. If it damages your engine in that period Champion Labs warrants to restore your engine to what it was before the failure, or pay you the value of the vehicle, whichever is less. Fram on the other hand warrants it entire product line "free from defects in material and workmanship for the duration of the original equipment recommended change interval". Not extended oil changes -- Fram warranty is the recommended change interval in your car owner's manual which is maybe 7,500 miles not 20,000. Does their "top shelf" product the Fram Ultra get it's own special warranty treatment for let's say ... 20,000 miles like it says on the box? No, it does not.

"So we can include fram in on that list of defective cartridge filters. Just because it's not the only ones that do it doesn't make it ok."

They aren't including Fram as is seen. Saying others do it too is deflection. The other guy said it is hilarious, maybe that's true.

What's hilarious is not being able to comprehend a black & white warranty statement.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
I smell sock puppets.

This only means your shoes are off.
thankyou2.gif
32.gif
LOL

People see the few defects that are pointed out, which are rare and don't recur over and over. When people see the same defect way more than once a year they might take notice.

I smell sock puppets.

There ya go as I said they always revert back to name calling. When someone finally remarks back they cry to the moderaters to try and get you banned .

Originally Posted by Ablebody
I have another to share soon
Definate fail. Crushed fram cartridge because apparently its too long. That's 2 fails Out a 3 I used simultaneously in 3 cars. I'm just not impressed.

BTW ... lots of different brand cartridge filters "crush down" from being installed ... it's not unique to any one brand.

So we can include fram in on that list of defective cartridge filters. Just because it's not the only ones that do it doesn't make it ok..

Never said Fram wasn't on the list. It's always about "brand reading between the lines" it seems with you.

And besides, who says a little crush on a cartridge filter is actualky detrimental? Would you rather have a cartridge filter thats too short and posdibly leaks some dirty oil past the ends? Some spin-on filters get wavy pleats during use, and it really doesn't cause any problems. Wavy pleats in cartridge filters could be from moisture absorbtion during use too - not from being too long. Some things to consider.

Who said it was just a little crushed?

Sock puppets - general observation ... more misconceptions as usual. A few have been caught by the Mods in the past.

Originally Posted by goodtimes
"So we can include fram in on that list of defective cartridge filters. Just because it's not the only ones that do it doesn't make it ok."

They aren't including Fram as is seen. Saying others do it too is deflection. The other guy said it is hilarious, maybe that's true.

True

Post up the photos. OMG ... another crushed cartridge filter. Surprised the engine didn't blow up.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...3542/bosch-d-3324-5908-miles#Post4913542

I took it out and looked at it while I was up in San Marcos where it's parked. Didn't have another to replace it with. When I get back up there I'll replace it and post pics.
Lol there ya go deflecting again. Posting a pic of a different filter. Guess it's ok to fail if another has
Not that that Bosch is bad, just a bit wavy.
Trust me the fram I have isn't just wavy. It's actually crushed.

Back to the topic instead of someone's smelly socks, the M1 design is great but the execution is spotty with the louver openings and sometimes wide pleats, lately. They were better before I think. It seems all USA made filters I have bought, have assembly defects at times. Wix seems to be the best, not many defects, like the three rattling Fram Ultras found at one Walmart. Those along with the widest pleats in the history of man on a Fram EG shown here, half of the media missing on another Fram, loose glue inside my own tough guard, are the worst defects I have seen reported on any oil filter. The EG opened up barely looked like an oil filter. It's like, what the heck is that thing?

Post up the photos. OMG ... another crushed cartridge filter. Surprised the engine didn't blow up.

Lol there ya go deflecting again. Posting a pic of a different filter. Guess it's ok to fail if another has

You missed the whole point - did it blow up the engine? I'd say that Bosch is pretty crushed and also twisted from the cartridge cap. Like I said, it happens quite often with many different filter brands. Thing is, does every car that a specific cartridge filter is speced for have exactly the same sized filter holder and cap? I doubt it, and could be why some filters seem a bit too long on certain vehicles.

You missed the whole point - did it blow up the engine? I'd say that Bosch is pretty crushed and also twisted from the cartridge cap. Like I said, it happens quite often with many different filter brands. Thing is, does every car that a specific cartridge filter is speced for have exactly the same sized filter holder and cap? I doubt it, and could be why some filters seem a bit too long on certain vehicles.

Like I said, 170k miles and 28 cartridge filters of various manufacturers. The current fram is the only one to fail. The only crushed one I've had.

Like I said, 170k miles and 28 cartridge filters of various manufacturers. The current fram is the only one to fail. The only crushed one I've had.

What year and make/model/engine, and which filter model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back