Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As usual, UOA in the mail and media drying out.

I cut my Harley filter open 2 years ago, looking for any small orange bits of the cam shoe tensioners. Didn't find any. I changed them out last year with 65 k on them, just in time. I didn't find anything out of the ordinary in there. I use Valvoline in the motor, minimal fuzz on the drain plug whenever I change the oil.,,,

My shovelhead always made metal in the filter pleats, but my evo makes none.

Sounds like your cam chain tensioners were good ones.

Base end bypass and silicone valve. Good stuff. The bypass valve looks identical to the K&N HP3001 I just cut and posted. And manufactured into the end cap, instead of a separate bypass valve that slides into the hole, like a WIX or Motorcraft. Wonder who makes it?

Originally Posted by 69Torino
Base end bypass and silicone valve. Good stuff. The bypass valve looks identical to the K&N HP3001 I just cut and posted. And manufactured into the end cap, instead of a separate bypass valve that slides into the hole, like a WIX or Motorcraft. Wonder who makes it?

Its a great looking filter. I really like the thread end bypass manifacured into the end cap too. Nice!
I do believe motor crafts are all manufacturered into the end cap at least all the ones I've seen cut open are.

Yes, great looking filter. I like the tiny HD stamp on the base plate... Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted by DuckRyder

Pretty sure it is Champion Labs manufactured.

That means it's exactly the same as Royal Purple oil filters.

Thanks for the photos (which just disappeared from your post today 11-5-18)

No question the HD filter might have the couple dollars worth of filter material and I think their 5 micron claim maybe valid.
I dont know if that is true, but it certainly looks more fancy for sure.

Between this and the Hiflo for me, the decision maybe if it worth it for me to spend the few extra minutes of getting the HiFlo on and off as its a tiny bit longer and filter wrench gets in the way of a sensor, maybe the Crank Position sensor? Either way.

Also, not sure if its true but I think I have read a few times the Twin Cams need a 5 micron filter.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
No question the HD filter might have the couple dollars worth of filter material and I think their 5 micron claim maybe valid.

5 microns at what particle size?

Firefox, ABP, Ghostry when I turn off Ghostry and "refresh" the page it loads.

It also loads if the images are cached in any given browser but if I refresh the cached page with Ghostry "on" the images do not show up.

2018-11-10.png

Last edited:
Originally Posted by alarmguy
Firefox, ABP, Ghostry when I turn off Ghostry and "refresh" the page it loads.

It also loads if the images are cached in any given browser but if I refresh the cached page with Ghostry "on" the images do not show up.

I'm running Firefox, ABP and Ghostery on Win7 and all the photos show up fine.

Is the TBN & TAN at the cross over point? Or maybe the better question is what would the condemnation limits be for this oil? Very cool. Thanks for the C&P and the UOA.

Originally Posted by WellOiled
...Thanks for the C&P and the UOA.

You're welcome of course.

I'm going to quote the oil question for discussion in the UOA thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back