Pennzoil / QS warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha,

It will cost you more to prove your car has a oil related failure AND that you used Pennzoil its entire life than it would be to buy a new car.

I would serious like to know if anyone here on the forum has ever gotten a rebuild or motor replacement on this Pennzoil/QS warranty?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I would serious like to know if anyone here on the forum has ever gotten a rebuild or motor replacement on this Pennzoil/QS warranty?

Me too, or any of the other oil companies that have an oil warranty. I think it would be easier to teach a pig to fly than get a payout from an oil company for an oil related engine failure.

If you ever did have an engine failure how could you prove the oil caused it ?

21.gif

Originally Posted by demarpaint

Me too, or any of the other oil companies that have an oil warranty. I think it would be easier to teach a pig to fly than get a payout from an oil company for an oil related engine failure.

Pigs are just Muslim Angels that have reformed. .jpg

Cracked liberty bell. Pennzoil made of wax.. Just like that warrantee. Good luck.

if you buy a GM 3.5 cammer, you are virtually guaranteed to have a timing chain failure before 200K miles. A $2K and up repair. Yet, they just had to get rid of the 3.8. do not feed me the bull [censored] about how it could not meet emissions, if a pushrod v8 can meet them, there is no reason at all the 3.8 could not.

But anyway, that is a good candidate, a nice low mileage couple of years old one with less than the 75K miles. Now I can not see printed the 15 critical engine parts, I hope it includes cam chain, tensionioner, phasers and labor. Anyone know?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kode
Cracked liberty bell. Pennzoil made of wax.. Just like that warrantee. Good luck.

Some myths keep going.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
if you buy a GM 3.5 cammer, you are virtually guaranteed to have a timing chain failure before 200K miles. A $2K and up repair. Yet, they just had to get rid of the 3.8. do not feed me the bull [censored] about how it could not meet emissions, if a pushrod v8 can meet them, there is no reason at all the 3.8 could not.

But anyway, that is a good candidate, a nice low mileage couple of years old one with less than the 75K miles. Now I can not see printed the 15 critical engine parts, I hope it includes cam chain, tensionioner, phasers and labor. Anyone know?

What? Are you aware pushrods are a newer design then DOHC? Also the 3.8 is ancient inefficent and the vast majority did not make it 200K.

Sometime ago I checked the oil warranties of Castrol, Valvoline, and Mobil-1 and they omitted coverage for chain tensioners -- precisely the oil-related components that are mostly likely to fail!

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr

Do you mean 3.6L? 90 degree V6 engines are DEAD in transverse front wheel drive applications.....I think the 4.3L Ecotech 3 is the only 90 degree V6 in mass production?

a lots of peoples read that we would have to proove that the failure was caused by the oil, but its not what I have read ...language barrier maybe but this is what they say ; Up to 15 years/500,000 miles, Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty covering 15 vehicle engine parts that may fail due to engine wear, or which experience abnormal wear, because Pennzoil® motor oil failed to provide proper lubrication

1- Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty covering 15 vehicle engine parts that may fail due to engine wear.

comma

2- OR ....... which experience abnormal wear, because Pennzoil® motor oil failed to provide proper lubrication

So what I understand here is they cover 15 parts, whether or not the FAILURE is from the oil and

They cover abnormal WEAR caused by the oil.....harder to proove IMHO

The wording is very different isn't ?

Originally Posted by demarpaint

thumbsup2.gif

That is a tough one. If properly called out spec and weight oil is used, a true failure caused solely by the oil will be about as close to statistical zero one could get.

Pennzoil just denied me a $10.00 rebate because the oil was purchased from Home Depot, which apparently is not one of their "participating retailers". If they're going to quibble over $10.00 I can only imagine how many hoops they make you jump through to get them to repair engine damage in the hundreds or perhaps thousands of dollars! I use Pennzoil exclusively but wouldn't even bother with the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back