AutoZone upping it's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I amble on into the local AZ for some $27 Jug PP HM 5w30 for the next change

And I'm heading for the filters for a 910S, and I notice a significant increase in choice

They've got Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, H/K, along with there standard Motorcraft/Mopar/ACDelco stock

I wouldn't call the pricing competitive, but you can't argue with dealer filter stock at 9pm on a Sunday

IMG_20181102_173042.jpg

I was just at Autozone to grab a jug of PP on special before the 31st to get the rebates, I actually had to look for the filters. They were off to the corner and barely had anything. While the store is new and pretty, not much was in it. The selection at yours is pretty impressive. Probably worth paying a few extra bucks there not to have to deal with the dealer parts dept honestly.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Who makes the Toyota oil filters?

itching for a "DEN__ ...." to be yelled out.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Who makes the Toyota oil filters?

That's that guys dog who's named Denso
lol.gif

LOL what are those in plastic wrap... ecoguard? I've never seen a Rotella filter...??

Originally Posted by Linctex
I wouldn't really want to buy anything I see on that shelf (shelves)

You are right. My favorites on not on the shelf that I can see.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by michaelluscher
I wouldn't call the pricing competitive

Understatement of the year
lol.gif

Double the price at the dealer is a bit much, even if AZ was open 24 hours (in fact, some actually are)
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Silver
LOL what are those in plastic wrap... ecoguard? I've never seen a Rotella filter...??

Rotella filters are rebadged Purolators/Tearolator. WM carried them for a while, they hit the closeout isle a year ago. There are still some there!
And their filter for the 6.0 Powerstroke has always been noticeably shorter than the factory Racor.

Originally Posted by Silver

I think they're Hyundai filters. Fram xx9688 equiv's and such.

The MC 910S is everyday price of 3.97 at Walmart if that is what you are buying, The big 3 are so over priced on oil and filters, AAP, AZ and O'Reilys

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by michaelluscher
I wouldn't call the pricing competitive

Understatement of the year...

Double the price at the dealer is a bit much, even if AZ was open 24 hours (in fact, some actually are)..

Twice "the dealer" price a bit much, that's being extremely kind. Iirc AZ sale of OEM filters along with the pricing posted before.

As a matter of course I don't use OEM/OES filters anyway. However if I did, I sure as heck wouldn't pay twice as much for them. Generally speaking an OF purchase not an emergency situation.

With the pricing in mind, seems to me AZ upping it's game with the sale of OEM filters means they've recognized the value in an expression attributed to PT Barnum...There's a sucker born every minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back