Post milestone or just plain fun odometer pics!

Welp time to trade it in for a new one!
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

I seriously need to drive more, but with the snow and salt flying soon this might be the last couple weeks I drive it.

EDIT: Holy big picture Batman. Apparently my resizing didn't work.
EDIT2: There we go!

Last edited:
2006 Acura MDX, now at 401 000 KILOMETRES. Everything works (and I mean everything) except the Bluetooth. A/C is still ice cold, tranny shifts fine (though it's recently sounded a bit whiny). Starts on first turn of the key even in the dead of winter. I love this thing.

No major repairs - two timing belts, 2 sets of spark plugs (160k each time) one rear bearing, one front LCA, several sway bar end links (OE lasted 180k, then I used aftermarket and after replacing 2 sets around 100k each, I went back to OE), several sets of rotors and pads, just in the past few months put in a new alternator and one of the two rear mufflers was rusted out (the other, oddly, was still in good shape). I've got a slight rear main seal leak now that doesn't drip for days at a time, and then a couple drips for a few days and then it stops again. Wish I could fix that but don't want to spend the $$$. Replaced the radiator for the first time last winter as well and did the front engine mount at that time, since it was right there and accessible.

400k.jpg

Last edited:
300,000 km. 2008 Chev Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 with 6.0 liter Gen IV LS. Done in 11 years with full synthetic 5w30. Original owner. Did not do an early first change. Usually OLM at 10,000 miles. Nothing but Fram. Mostly Ultras. Mostly Mobil 1, Motomaster, Quaker State, Pennzoil Platinum. No leaks. Doesn't use oil. Onward to 400,000 !

BEADB7E8-1A56-4B01-AF3B-C652B161D1AB.jpeg

Last edited:
The Sonata over the weekend. I was at a red light that was about to change and the odometer was going to add 1 in the next tenth of a mile so it was now or never.

odo.jpg

Can't quite see the odometer, but you can see how much snow blew in when I was trying to quickly sneak in and start the car to clear the windows while getting ready for work. And my heated seat plugged into the cigarette lighter (best Christmas present ever).

IMG_20190121_073857.jpg

Also not a milestone but I posted it anyway. The temperature needle got broken while swapping the used cluster I got in South Carolina. We glued it back on anyway. Original speedometer head was crunching and bouncing the needle at 370,000kms. The new cluster read 294,000 miles so we back it up to 222k miles which was roughly the conversion at the time we swapped it. The replacement is from a Pontiac safari wagon which had the extra 6th digit which is rare for 80s b bodied especially American ones.

IMG_20190207_170506.jpg

Back