Lyft vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nefew is looking for a 2012 or newer vehicle w 3rd row seating that gets decent mpg and is reliable for Lyft business for college kid. Any ideas?

If you wanna do Uber/Lyft a few hours here and there with a vehicle you already have for pocket change with a flexible schedule, great. Just expect to do about minimum wage after expenses. DO NOT invest money in a vehicle to do rideshare - it's simply not worth it. UberXL and whatever the Lyft version of that is, is a good increase in money for the rides with more people, but they are few and far between - and you'll be wasting extra gas for the rest of the mostly UberX/regular Lyft rides you'll be doing.

No offense but to try and Hussle Lyft and be a college student is probably tough. Maybe he should try finding a part time job with a reliable steady cash flow.

His current vehicle is on its last leg, 2006 Ford Freestyle, electrical gremlins and 190,000 miles. He has a job and he does Lyft near State College, PA so lots of riders when they have ball games. He likes a larger car.

I hope your nefew as a college student has better spelling than his uncle............... or is it unkel?. Or is it ant?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165
I hope your nefew as a college student has better spelling than his uncle............... or is it unkel?. Or is it ant?

I think it is spelled TROLL

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
A 4-cylinder Sienna would be the best choice, followed by the Transit COnnect

Those are good picks.

Off topic: I had an Uber ride today approx 38 miles one way and tipped the nice woman (college age) $10 cash plus $1 tip online. Depending on rider, a college student can make OK money.

Dodge Journey would probably be the cheapest option. If Lyft restricts to modern model years this would be a cheap way to get a foot in the door.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Dont do it! They would dead head my wife 30 miles to pick up a $3 fare.

Don't doubt your word but you live out of town a little ways right? Got to be hard to make any money in a less populated area and not living right in town where the fares would mostly be.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
A 4-cylinder Sienna would be the best choice, followed by the Transit COnnect

...there isn't a 4 banger Sienna?

[censored], they haven't made the 4 cylinder Highlander in a good few years

Or was that the Venza...

There were 4 cyl Sienna and HIghlander using the 2.7L engine but it was build only for the 1st year and it is very rare.
May be 2007 or 2008.

My friend has a 4 cyl 2007 Highlander. He was lucky.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Chris142
Dont do it! They would dead head my wife 30 miles to pick up a $3 fare.

Don't doubt your word but you live out of town a little ways right? Got to be hard to make any money in a less populated area and not living right in town where the fares would mostly be.

She would leave home.pick someone up near home. Take them 20 miles to Lucerne valley. Then instead of picking some one up there or apple valley they would deadhead her all the way through 3-4 cities to the mall only to take that person 3 blocks. There is 412k people here now and they couldn't get her anyone closer?

2012 Mazda 6, or Ford Fusion with the 4 cylinder. Sienna's (and most minivans) are poor for gas mileage, 19-20 highway is typical less around town.

Least expensive, economical, reliable, 7 seater, in the 2012+ realm would be a Dodge Grand Caravan IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back