How is your NHL team doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good rainy afternoon folks
smile.gif

The Pittsburgh Penguins are tied for 1st along with Carolina Hurricanes. Penguins showed why Sid Crosby "is the best" as even Mike Babcock agrees as they beat the Edmonton Oilers in Overtime with Crosby 's sick goal to win. Then Thursday night they pummelled the Flames by score of 9-1!

How is your NHL team doing?

Happy Saturday BITOGERS
wink.gif

Pongs are def. going hard, Crosby not slowing down.
Toronto Maple Leafs are doing okay, Matthews scoring a bunch but it's just the beginning of the season. We couldn't find Matthews in the post season last year
wink.gif
Lots of youth in the Coilers/Leafs clubhouse.. an asset and also a liability.
VGK ran out of occult magic it seems!

Not when I have to stare at that thing. Looks like something Jim Henson would have put together when he was 5.

Originally Posted by PeterPolyol
Toronto Maple Leafs are doing okay, Matthews scoring a bunch but it's just the beginning of the season. We couldn't find Matthews in the post season last year
wink.gif

Yeah, James Neal is probably regretting wanting that trade to Vegas as he didnt know how well Pittsburgh IS

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by PeterPolyol
wink.gif

Yeah, James Neal is probably regretting wanting that trade to Vegas as he didnt know how well Pittsburgh IS

I think there is more to that story than we'll likely ever know?

Was he not offered more money from Vegas before he was dealt/traded to Calgary?

Well, wikipedia says he was a free agent in 2018 so he left for Calgary Flames. I'd bet Vegas let him go as probably wanted too much coin to stay. How it goes
wink.gif

I'm a long time fan of the Kings, who are $hitt!ng the bed currently. Also an inaugural fan of VGK, who have been up & down.

As for Neal, he wanted a 5-6 year deal, whereas Vegas was only offering about 3-4. Oh well, he'll enjoy learning about the enigma that is the Calgary Flames. Season's still young!

Originally Posted by Puckrobber
I'm a long time fan of the Kings, who are $hitt!ng the bed currently. Also an inaugural fan of VGK, who have been up & down.

As for Neal, he wanted a 5-6 year deal, whereas Vegas was only offering about 3-4. Oh well, he'll enjoy learning about the enigma that is the Calgary Flames. Season's still young!

I'm a big LA fan as well but I think their age and their lack of speed has finally caught up with them? Truthfully, I never expected much from Kovalchuk and didn't think he would really help the team so I was surprised they actually took/brought him back.

LA does have heart, imo, so I think things will change, but with the speed of the kids nowadays, they are in tough for sure.

Mathews hurt again tonight. I hate to say it, but he seems to get hurt easily imo. Without him and their lack of depth, I think the shine will fade away from the Leafs rather quickly.

Last edited:
Wow, what a come back from the Leafs! I honestly didn't think they would do it based on how they looked after Mathews got hurt but they pulled it together and won this one.
cheers3.gif

Bolts fan here. I think we are playing well for the most part. Last night vs Phoenix was pretty bad however

Last edited:
Devils fan forever. Nor doing too bad but consistency seems to be an early issue. Currently 5-2-1. Started out hot winning first 4. Don't want Schneider to return in goal. I think we have better chance with Kinkaid. Oh.....and take it easy on the Flyers mascot Gritty. That thing is awesome! It seems like people love to jump on the hate bandwagon. Have to finish with Rangers suck!

Last edited:
I'm glad Kovalchuk didn't come back to Jersey. I would be [censored] if they took him back. I don't know why Kings even signed him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back