AutopartsWarehouse Denso Remanufactured Alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any local rebuilder? If so, get a reman from them or let them reman your current alt?
If that is a possibility.

Last edited:
Just remember you get what you pay for. That is what I have learned. If reliability is a priority, get OEM. Try ebay for New Old Stock. I don't like to keep changing the part, even if it's guaranteed for life. Good luck!

Originally Posted by 928
The Denso is an excellent unit if it is reman BY Denso , not a Denso remaned by someone else.

Thank you for sending me the DensoProductscom.
How can one determine that a remanufactured unit is done by Denso other than from the stealership?

The label should state it. I would send Denso an e-mail. Also, there is a Denso factory in China. FYI

That is a Denso Reman part you can see the sticker on it same as if you bought it from Toyota except the price that is our go to brand when we can get them at work excellent products. No reason to go to dealer and pay more same part, Most of the Denso reman parts we git say Reman in the USA on the sticker of box.

A Denso remaned BY Denso should come in a blue & gold box. As stated, they are great units- if it needs anthing, Denso built it in the first place so it gets good parts.

http://densoheavyduty.com/alternators/light-duty

as stated before anyone can reman an alt- be sure Denso did it, not some independent. The worst place to go is your local starter/ alt shop , they don't have the quality parts- mostly they just clean it up & put in generic stuff.

Last edited:
Going by Critic's advice ordered it on RockAuto and now get it installed, fairly easy but can get tough when the alternator binds up on the support. Did an alternator job on a Nissan long time back, this will be a new learning curve

Finally installed the Denso re manufactured alternator. Capping up this exercise,

The job is real simple, remove the connector and 10mm terminal to the alternator top, loosen the pivot (14mm) and raise/lower bolt (12mm) on alternator. Completely loosen the tensioner bolt (12mm) to loosen the belt and off the track.
Install the new alternator and the fun part ( took me an hr) was to get the lower raise/lower bolt back through the raise/lower bracket connected to the tensioner bolt to the lower end of the alternator. What was impressive about the tensioner set-up is the tightening the tensioner bolt completely will give the right slack to the belt. There is NO way the belt will be over-tightened and the best part is the lower bolt-through connected to the tensioner bolt has a center of gravity where by the bolt-through always positions itself correctly. Quite ingenious on both ends (center of gravity and the total length of the tensioner threads to correctly set the tension on the belt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back