Mazda BT-50 Manual transmission fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to help someone who has a 2017 Mazda BT-50 pickup, with the S15MX-D transmission. He does not have the owner's manual, Burt an on-line service manual says "Mazda Manual Transmission fluid type A".

Some data bases say MTF, some GL-4 75W-90, and some ATF.

This is not the old ATF Mazda/Ford transmission I had in my Ranger. Note:
S15M(X)-D Manual Transmission
• Due to the increased engine torque the newly developed three-shaft 5-speed manual transmission S15M-D has been adopted for the 2WD version, while the S15MX-D transmission with an additional transfer case has been adopted for the 4WD version.
• Except for the transfer case the construction and operation of both transmissions are basically the same. They have superseded the R15M(X)-D transmission used on the B- Series.
Features
• Construction and operation of the S15M(X)-D transmission are quite similar to the P66M- D transmission introduced on the MX-5 (NC). It has the following features:
- Triple-cone synchroniser mechanism for the 1st and 2nd gear
- Double-cone synchroniser mechanism for the 3rd gear
- Single-cone synchroniser mechanism for 4th, 5th and reverse gear
- Integrated shift mechanism unit comprising shift rods and forks, detent balls, and pin- type interlock mechanism
- Cam-type reverse lockout mechan
ism

Since I don't know the engine displacement or torque, then I would start with a fluid in the 9-10 cSt range
such as Pennzoil Synchromesh, Amsoil MTF, any of the GM or Delco synchromeshes, Redline MTL, Valvoline MTF Part Number 811095, RAVENOL PSA, RAVENOL SSG.

Motul Gear 300 75W-90.
The link is for a different truck but if you scroll down enough you'll find it has an available S15M-D / S15MX-D 5 / 1 transmission.
Motul
Otherwise I'm sure the suggestions MolaKule has offered would work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back