06 Buick Lacrosse Door locks/problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 06 Buick lacrosse that has the weirdest thing going on. the door locks open and close with the remote key fob or the lock open and close on the door, but I am unable to open the door, if I try and open it from either the inside or outside using the handles the door will not open, even thought the doors locks operate fine..I think this should be a recall or safety issue if you cannot get out of your car in the event of an emergency..Buick so far has refused to help.

Drivers door only? Something fell off inside the door or the lock is toast, either way you need to take it apart. As far a recall for a broken lock of fallen off rod on a 13 year old car I cant see that, no part last infinitum. Lots of cars have had door lock issues over the years.

The mechanisms on those doors are flimsy, likely a broken plastic connector or a rod fell off. Its is a 12 yr old vehicle.

Bad door lock actuator.

I've changed all 4 door actuators over the years in my 08 CTS -as well as other similar vehicles. I am sure its the same part. If you can open the door wusing the key in the door handle lock - then the actuator is bad. You can can also open from the inside but not the outside - actuator is bad. The rods and all the mechanical parts don't fail. You can change them out yourself easy. Remove door pad, the actuator is all part of the door latch - look for the 3 torx bolts on the door edge at the latch. Remove them, remove the electrical connection and rods and remove. ROCKAUTO is best to by from. Dealer is almost double the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back