how is the ford 2.5 liter engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Patman
Why not have her on a 10k schedule? Just as easy to remember, and you'd spend less time working on it. You could still catch the small issues before they become big ones even with 10k inspections, some people don't even get their cars really looked at that often.

This, and the fact that if you look at all the 2.5 UOAs (I got over 200 samples worth of data from Blackstone on this engine) the universal averages are about 1.1ppm Fe/1k regardless of the engine oil (the brand and type were not disclosed). 10k on this engine is essentially what the OLM ends up at, and 10k on this engine is child's play.

I thought I went pretty dang long at 17.2k (and the UOA confirmed it was time to change), but there were 3-4 samples where the owner went 22-25k and the wear rates were nearly identical to mine. Stick the cheapest "full" synthetic in it and don't check it for 10,000 miles. My choice would be PP 5W20.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Originally Posted by mrsilv04
Nothing but oil changes every 5,000 miles on the 2.5 that I maintain. It is in a 2011 Fusion SE with 101,000 miles.

Just an FYI - These engines can easily handle 7,500 mile OCI's if you regularly get them to highway speed for more than 5-10 minutes.

The car's computer's algorithm will illuminate the oil change indicator signal between 7,500 - 10,000 miles. Opinions vary. Maybe the manufacturer is wrong, and you are doing the right thing with oil every 5,000 miles. Change the oil more, and you're not hurting the car. Don't change the oil enough.......well......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back