Want to join the New Zealand Police ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Bluestream
Wonder why they will take Ausie citizens? I mean only Ausie and no other places. Just asking

I'm sure Kiwi's and Aussies could answer more comprehensively, but they likely only want British subjects, and they do have pretty strict immigration policies that they enforce.

Good video, thanks for sharing.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by 02SE
they likely only want British subjects, and they do have pretty strict immigration policies that they enforce.

Outrageous.

How dare they enforce their border.

I wouldn't want to be a cop for anything. Seeing the worst things you can see .Dealing with the scum of society etc. I would guess you have to be a special person to be a good cop.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Wonder why they will take Ausie citizens? I mean only Ausie and no other places. Just asking

I'm sure Kiwi's and Aussies could answer more comprehensively, but they likely only want British subjects, and they do have pretty strict immigration policies that they enforce.

Why not Canadians then?

Originally Posted by CT8
I wouldn't want to be a cop for anything. Seeing the worst things you can see .Dealing with the scum of society etc. I would guess you have to be a special person to be a good cop.

This is true, it will drain many people.

Why not Canadians then?
Canadians aren't British subjects.
.. . . Between 1949 and 1982, the situation became more complex. When the British Nationality Act 1948 came into force, all British subjects were also known as 'Commonwealth citizens', while a new status of 'Citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies' (CUKC) applied to everyone born or naturalised in the UK and Crown colonies but not the Dominions. As a result, a person born or naturalised in the UK, Malta or Hong Kong (for example) was simultaneously British subject and a CUKC; an Australian was both a British subject and an Australian citizen while a Canadian was both a Commonwealth citizen (this term officially replaced 'British subject' in Canada after 1977) and a Canadian citizen. To make things more complex, CUKCs' rights under British law were not universal - after 1962, CUKCs from outside the UK were subject to immigration controls when entering the UK. . . .

It's kind of an open door policy between Australia and New Zealand. Lots of Aussies living there, lots of Kiwis living here. Probably doesn't really answer your question though.

Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
Why not Canadians then?
Canadians aren't British subjects.
.. . . Between 1949 and 1982, the situation became more complex. When the British Nationality Act 1948 came into force, all British subjects were also known as 'Commonwealth citizens', while a new status of 'Citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies' (CUKC) applied to everyone born or naturalised in the UK and Crown colonies but not the Dominions. As a result, a person born or naturalised in the UK, Malta or Hong Kong (for example) was simultaneously British subject and a CUKC; an Australian was both a British subject and an Australian citizen while a Canadian was both a Commonwealth citizen (this term officially replaced 'British subject' in Canada after 1977) and a Canadian citizen. To make things more complex, CUKCs' rights under British law were not universal - after 1962, CUKCs from outside the UK were subject to immigration controls when entering the UK. . . .

I dont think that's it, as even Brits aren't invited

Aussies can join the NZ police, and Kiwi's can join the Australian police. It works both ways, and they make a good team.

They often try and put one of each in the patrol car. One can read, write and use the telephone, and the other is there to keep his eye on the dangerous intellectual [/joke].

Go back about 100 years or more, both New Zealand and Australia were two British countries with the same head of state, at the far corner of the globe, with small populations, and with mother England many months away by sea. When it came to security issues they have always acted as a team. This was most obvious in World War One when they were organised and deployed together as the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp (ANZAC).

The ANZAC troops landed at Gallipoli and fought together in WW I, followed by WW II, Korea, Malaya, Vietnam, Afghanistan, etc.

Australians can join the NZ military and police forces. New Zealanders can join the Australian military and police forces. The small details are always changing, but you get the idea.

When I was in the Australian Army, we had a few Kiwi's join (not just transfer from the NZ Army). They were always great guys: strong, hardworking, honest and with good common sense.

I always like serving with Kiwi's, you could trust then 100 %, and their Maori history gives them a true warrior culture. Here is a the 2nd 1st RNZIR performing their regimental Haka at the funeral of 3 fallen comrades in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back