Cordless Rachet Wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas is coming! I was wondering is anyone can recommend a cordless rachet wrench with some attention to cost. I know they don't fit everywhere, but for those who own them, do you tend to use it? Thanks.
smile.gif

I too still use the original M12 electric ratchet.
Haven't upgraded to the fuel version yet, though I want it for the feels.

The tool trucks have their own version, but they aren't very DIYer price friendly.
HF sells an affordable version too, but its taller/bigger than the original M12 ratchet.

I also have a lower-end Milwaukee 12v 3/8 ratchet. I tend to use it most with a 1/4" adapter for small stuff. LOVE it!

M12 (non fuel) 3/8ths ratchet is awesome. I bought it in an HomeDepot package deal 3 M12 tools for 170$ IIRC. Usually it pays to buy them in bundles than tool alone.

I own and love my Snap on CTR761 and CTR714. I tend to use the 1/4 CTR714 the most. If cost is the big concern , I have seen cheap odd brand ones on amazon. Not sure but does Princess Auto in Canada carry any? I would look there.

I don't mean to sidetrack the thread, but I'm also looking at cordless ratchets. Trying to decide whether 1/4 or 3/8 is more useful.

That's easy......................3/8" Unless you work on trucks or something big, where it would be 1/2". Assuming this is your first one. 1/4" is useful as a secondary tool but 3/8" should be your primary.

Originally Posted by user52165
That's easy......................3/8" Unless you work on trucks or something big, where it would be 1/2". Assuming this is your first one. 1/4" is useful as a secondary tool but 3/8" should be your primary.

I agree with this. I did note that I use mine mostly with a 1/4" adapter, but it is nice to be able to apply a little more torque when necessary.

I have the Craftsmen cordless ratchet. Had a bunch of credit at Sears and needed to use it or lose. I hate that thing. It's too heavy and the adapter falls out of the tool all the time. Except if you try to remove it. Then it's in there firmly.

Make sure you check out the Milwaukee M12. You need the tool AND the battery with charger. The FUEL ( brushless) version is a fair amount more but unless you're a pro or fixated on the latest, you probably don't need it.

Last edited:
I love my M12 ratchet, too! Can't go wrong with it. I don't have the FUEL version.

What about this?

Husky 3/8" cordless ratchet
12-Volt Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Drive Cordless Ratchet W/ 34 Piece Socket Set, Battery, Charger, and Carrying Case

The price is right, $79, you get the 3/8" cordless ratchet, charger, and case with 34 sockets, SAE & Metric, short and deep sockets. 2 year warranty

For the occasional user, backyard mechanic, DIY, seems to be a better buy than the Milwaukee M12 for twice the money.

Husky
12-Volt Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Drive Cordless Ratchet W/ 34 Piece Socket Set, Battery, Charger, and Carrying Case

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-3-8-in-Drive-Cordless-Ratchet-W-34-Piece-Socket-Set-Battery-Charger-and-Carrying-Case-H38CPRAT34PC/305332588?keyword=husky+cordless+ratchet&semanticToken=212t00000+%3E++st%3A%7Bhusky+cordless+ratchet%7D%3Ast+cnn%3A%7B0%3A0%7D+oos%3A%7B0%3A1%7D+br%3A%7Bhusky%7D%3Abr+pt%3A%7Bratchet%7D%3Apt+rt%3A%7Bcordless%7D%3Art+dln%3A%7B563007%7D+qu%3A%7Bratchet+cordless%7D%3Aqu

Last edited:
I thought about the Husky too, but I have several other Milwaukee tools with the M12, as well at spare batteries and 2 charges.

I think on the Husky, you have to plug it in to recharge.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by Jmoney7269
Love my snap on 12 volt...... but it wasn't cheap..... made in the USA!

Are you sure they're made in the USA?

Mine is....... the tool and batteries say made in the USA
Tekonsha MI I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back