Pennzoil Availability....alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very frustrating....pennzoil plat 5w30 and plat in general has really spotty availability near me (Walmart). They have no 5w30 right now, and very little 0w20.

For the car in my signature, I was hoping to use the 5w30, as it is a thin 30, and I figured it would be a nice bump over the suggested 0w20 for my vehicle.

That being said, what would be an easy to get "light 30" that I can grab at wal mart? Thanks in advance.

You can order PUP or PP in 5W-30 and pick-up within a day or two at WMT. You can also order PUP 0W-20 right at $7 a quart for pick-up at WMT. I just ordered 2X 5 qt containers of PP Euro 5W-30 (for our 328Ci and Z3) and 10 quarts (single order limit) of PUP 0W-20 (for Sub OB and Nissan Titan) for pick-up tomorrow. Separately, pricing makes no sense at all - a 5 qt container of PUP 0W-20 is ~$58 whilst single quart containers of the same oil are $6.9X each with pick-up. The $20 gas coupon (in-lieu of the $10 rebate) does not hurt either.

PS. Might want to think about using 5W-30 vs. the recommended 0W-20 in your Honda.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought it was only me with the Wal Mart close to me. Sales people tell me the homeless that live around there steal the oils and use them or sell them at the flea market. If you can try another WM or order it from WM and ship to store or even get it from Amazon.

Thanks. Definitely going to go with 5w30. Don't want to deal with the hassle of ordering but will if I have to. Want plat, not ultra.

Any other 5w30 on the thin side of a 30? Mobil 1 might be my alternative, or valvoline, as those seem to be well stocked. Can't figure out what the heck is going on with Pennzoil.

Walmart has the best prices on oil and that is probably biggest reason they are often sold out. I run into this a lot so try to buy it when they have it.

Google for a Pennzoil distributor near you. Give them a call you may actually find it more cost and time effective to purchase like this.

Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 5w-30 is a "thin 30" that has served me well in two Fords that specced 5w-20. Go for that!

Last edited:
Walmart ship to store at no additional cost makes this a non-issue.
$35 or more purchase is free 2 day shipping to your front door.

Easy peasy.

Hopefully no problems opening your front door....

Does your store carry the M1 0w30? You might like that one
smile.gif

But any d1g2 5w30 will be fine in your Accord

If you still want Pennzoil and you're willing to order it online, get the PP Euro L 5w30

Mobil 1 AFE 0W-30 is a stout oil on the thin side. Hard to believe you're having a hard time finding PP though, that's unusual!

It is hard to believe but true. Lol. I may give the Valvoline a try. Lots of good UOAs on that.

As far as the smart comment about opening my front door...why? I can't find the oil. I'd rather not have it shipped. I should be able to go in and buy oil at my local store. Ok?

If you have autozone near you, they are currently running a special on PP + STP filter for $32, but you get a $15 AZ gift card to effectively bring the price to $17. Coupled with the $20 gas card from pennzoil, you are essentially getting paid $3 to use the PP with an STP filter.

Last edited:
Like others have said above, you can get any oil Walmart offers by ordering on their site and picking it up at your store. Add in the PP online rebate and boom, profit.

Originally Posted by BTLew81
I can't even find it on Walmart.com. Am I an idiot? Lol

Hm, you're right. PP 5W-30 seems to be gone from Walmart. It's still listed on Amazon for $27 and change while PUP 5W-30 is $24 on both Walmart and Amazon. Maybe they're phasing out the PP? What's stopping you from getting PUP?

Pup is not dexos gen 2. Not even sure it's SN +. For a direct injection turbo I figured I wanted dexos gen 2. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back