Fees for selling business products on Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to make a decision on whether to sell business products on Amazon. Trying to get a list of fees that Amazon charges to determine net product profit is proving to be very difficult! Good luck trying to find someone to contact at Amazon that can explain this!

I'm using the example of selling t-shirts. I've managed to figure out some, but not all, of the fees that I will incur and I'm hoping some of you may have experience with this and can answer some of my questions. In my example, I'm letting Amazon handle it all, i.e., pulling the shirts, packing, shipping, potential returns, etc. I want them to handle all of it.

Here's what I have, so far, and the fees that I'm confident of:

T-Shirt Sales Price - $20
T-Shirt Cost - ($10)
Gift wrap (optional) -
Referral fee - $3.40
Variable Closing Fee - N/A to clothing
Order-handling fee -
Pick & Pack fee -
Weight handling fee -
Shipping Cost to Amazon Warehouse - (TBD)
Warehouse Fee -
Profit - $6.60

Can someone help me fill in some of the unknown fee names and/or values? Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Ed

Their pricing may depend on volume, how many you sell, and how much revenue you make. It may not be a fixed fee or even percentage.

There are fixed fees, as well as fees that vary based on product price, and product type. Sometimes, it doesn't seem like two very similar items follow the same fee schedule.

I'm at work and can't access YouTube so I can't give you links, but if you go there and look for Marc from Long Island Watch and Amazon, he goes over some of his experiences selling on Amazon. It will give you some other things to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back