SUPER TECH 9688 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
If you look closely at image 7, you'll see a several hairs at the bottom of the filter. I would never use this brand now.

Uhh, that would be my thigh as I rested the filter there too take a pic
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Yes I picked them up last Sunday and finally got off my butt sending them to Adam on Wednesday. Much quicker than usual!
lol.gif

Chris: didn't you say you had a few used filters to send soon? Mayb I'm getting old or have Alzheimer's
lol.gif

Yes, I have the two ProSelect 21372s, but in all my excitement I forgot to grab them.... but they wouldn't have fit in that box anyways! No worries, they are bagged in some Ziplocks so they don't turn out like my last used filters did!!
lol.gif

Yes, I have the two ProSelect 21372s, but in all my excitement I forgot to grab them.... but they wouldn't have fit in that box anyways! No worries, they are bagged in some Ziplocks so they don't turn out like my last used filters did!!
lol.gif

Yeah, seeing that "peanut butter like emulsion" was *****

I don't know what kind of PB you eat.... but ewww.

Chris, you know what i meant
wink.gif

Looks like a decent filter for under $3. I'd use it, especially if the efficiency is 90+% (at 20 microns). That's more than I can say for the previous run of Wix made ST filters.

Uhh... chainblu, if you are referring to the white, Wix-made STs, I am almost certain they were rated 95%@20u. And no e-core crap to deal with!

You are right about 95%, but it wasn't at 20 microns. It might have been at 30 microns or something. Somebody will have to dig up an old box from somewhere. I'm sure about this. A Wix made 95% at 20 microns sub $3 filter would have been the deal of the year.

Thanks Adam,

Bought a few of these ST9688 today. Well constructed and should be solid on the KIA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wemay
Thanks Adam,

Bought a few of these ST9688 today. Well constructed and should be solid on the KIA.

I honestly like the Premium Guard knockoffs that look like OEM. No issues with them but I do like the ST version as well

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by MetalSlug
these are the new ST right now ?

Yes sir

that actually good pretty solid for the money, metal end cap
thumbsup2.gif

My caged STs have held-up well. Outer box says good for 10K. Wife is approaching 9K with her's. Wanted to try the new Fram EG next. But snow on the ground is preventing me for that oil change today.

Can you still get a ST filter with the steel center tube or are they all e-cores now?

so all ST is ecore with metal end cap ?

I just recently purchased a ST6607 and it has a metal center tube with louvers.

so all ST is ecore with metal end cap ?
I doubt it. The topic ST filter used to be one of the rare filters in the value Champ made ST line that was classic metal endcap and separate bypass design. As noted, Champ made this one into a 'hybrid' type filter using the ecore cage. I doubt they will change to this design with other ecores, like the 3614. Think those will stay with combo valves and felt/fiber endcaps.

As for ST6607, always been classic metal endcap construction even dating back previous ST Champ made line. When they made the longer ST7317 it too was classic construction. Most are ecores though.

Interesting core. No metal, no holes. Flow must be good. But that design looks like it provides minimal support to the media under pressure. "What if" some of the wet loaded media was to break loose or get sucked through the center tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back