car rental places pick you up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've done this a couple times and I don't know if it's the rainy weather or what, but today they wanted me to wait like 3hrs before someone could pick me up. Then the other rental place didn't have any cars at my local rental place and wouldn't pick me up because it was too far away. I guess when they say "we pick you up" , they mean you really need to schedule all this a few days beforehand. What's the point of saying we pick you up and you need to schedule an appointment? I'd just have my friend pick me up then, if I have to give them a few days notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like places I have used that cater to folks getting their cars repaired are all over doing pick ups...if they cater to travelers they will likely have some kind of shuttle bus but not individual pick up.

Enterprise does, but the location has to be close to you, and I always called them (at least) the day before & tried to do it first thing in the morning (usually 8 AM).

Hertz picked me up pretty quick after I got rear-ended last year from the body shop. But I don't think they had anything else to do, turns out they only had 1 car, a Toyota Yaris. Was like 11am? I drove it straight to another location to trade it for something that isn't a penalty box.

I'd just take a $10 Uber

Kind of reminds me of a bad hotel review I read recently. The hotel has free shuttle rides to the airport and a lady was complaining when she couldn't get a ride for her 5 am flight. Which means she wanted a ride at 3:30 or so. She gave this nice hotel 1 star. Pffftt. But I called to make sure they offer free rides and they said yes they do.

I used to travel a lot and I rented with Enterprise every week. The guy picked me up at my house every Monday morning

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
So I've done this a couple times and I don't know if it's the rainy weather or what, but today they wanted me to wait like 3hrs before someone could pick me up. Then the other rental place didn't have any cars at my local rental place and wouldn't pick me up because it was too far away. I guess when they say "we pick you up" , they mean you really need to schedule all this a few days beforehand. What's the point of saying we pick you up and you need to schedule an appointment? I'd just have my friend pick me up then, if I have to give them a few days notice.

I guess it depends what rental agency was picking you up. How far from the rental agency were you and did you call them for an immediate pickup? I work for enterprise and usually we try and map out the day before hand and then if we get any people calling for an immediate pickup we check our schedule and let them know when we can be there and see if its alright with them.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Kind of reminds me of a bad hotel review I read recently. The hotel has free shuttle rides to the airport and a lady was complaining when she couldn't get a ride for her 5 am flight. Which means she wanted a ride at 3:30 or so. She gave this nice hotel 1 star. Pffftt. But I called to make sure they offer free rides and they said yes they do.

She has a right to complain. She elected to not rent a car based on this shuttle.

Originally Posted by eljefino
She has a right to complain. She elected to not rent a car based on this shuttle.

I agree. A good hotel operates 24 hours per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back