Walmart raised tire install to $15. For tires not bought from Walmart, it's $25

Originally Posted by Chris142
Local Firestone told me $40 mount, $40 balance per carry in tire. $360! I told em to.........Well I cant say that here.

Interesting. I think they were saying the same thing to you in their own way, with those prices.

I'm no lover of Firestone as a tire brand, and the local Firestone shop has the highest tire prices in town... but also the lowest off-vehicle, bring your own tire services in town. So, I use them for flat repairs, the occasional single wheel balance, and mail-order tires, which I do buy at times, but not all the time.

Go figure.

My local Walmart is my go to place for tires for me and my three children's families ( probably 10x for 40 tires. The wait can be a few hours unless you arrive early to get in line. Door opens at 7AM and I am there at 6:45 and new tires mounted, balanced and only way before 8 AM. Tires were pre-ordered on the Walmart website. Ed

I like to take my mounting/balancing work to an independent one man tire shop down the road from me. He has mostly commercial accounts he works for but will usually drop whatever he's working on to help me out. He charges the same as the big tire stores but I prefer to give him my business.

And Sam’s is $9.98 no matter where you got the tire
You're lucky - for years around here, Sam's won't mount tires that haven't been purchased from them. Costco still did for quite some time after Sam's stopped, but has also stopped mounting tires that aren't purchased from them according to their website.

If you're searching for low cost new tires, I've never found an online source that can beat walmart's prices and I've been mail-ordering tires for years.

The cheap price around me anymore for a place to mount and balance 4 carry-ins for you is $80-100 plus tax.

Are there local tire shops in your area? Here in Houston, they're all over the place. $5.00 each for a set of 4. $10.00 for 1 tire. Additional $5.00 each to balance the tire.

Back