hey old guys- tire checks - what do you sit on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Trav
The day I need a stool to check tire pressure is the day I hang it up. Come on, really? Just bend down.

No need for a stool if there's a Discount Tire nearby. Assuming the doctor says you can still drive...

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Fighting with my 20 year old son keeps me physically sharp, I suppose. I have a significant weight advantage on him but he has the speed and endurance advantage by far. We wrestle hard until someone is pinned down or otherwise needs to stop. Its totally all in fun but pretty intense at times when he gets all jacked up trying to whip his old Dad. I still win lots but I had to give in last time. The dude nailed me with a wicked kidney punch. It hurt me and I was bruised for days. My wife thinks we are crazy, especially after breaking one of her kitchen chairs last year. We have to fight outside now, go figure, LOL.

Here we are, if anyone is curious. I tell him once I turn 60 and he turns 25, the games are over. I don't want to visit the ER. LOL.

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn....579327a1c99cbc5d1d6d4596&oe=5C565FDE

I still squat, sometimes drop a knee on the ground. Sure getting slower when standing back up. Now 3 more tires to go, then off to the wife's vehicle for the same treatment. Whew!
The spares get checked a few times a year. And the wife's ol Lexus RX 330 its underneath. Whew!

add - I use one of the gauges that has a short hose on it and the part that goes to the valve stem swivels. Really like it.

On the wish list:

082B5E2C-9E1A-4B81-AD1D-8F7C8700FFAD.jpeg

Well at 65 I only use a roll around stool when doing brakes. Just kneel when checking air in tires. Little slow getting up. Just happy to still be above ground. Can't leave yet haven't ticked enough people off.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I'll be using this from now on. My family knows what I like.

https://m.harborfreight.com/mechanics-roller-seat-with-drawers-63762.html

Interesting, I never knew that existed. I wouldn't use that for checking air, but it looks like just the thing for brake jobs, struts and ball joints (for those of us without a lift).

Looks like it comes out of the same factory as the Performance Tool W85025... which HF calls out by name to compare. Of course the HF 20% coupon is what really makes the difference.

Have an old wooden seat with wheels ... probably had if for 20 years ... don't use it to check tire pressure but for a job like installing new trailer wheel hubs (just did) ... good for that ...

Use on of those green milk crates that sit out back of the store, perfect height when sitting.
cheers3.gif

Don't need anything for checking tires but got one of these for longer brake and suspension jobs. Fingertip height adjustment like an office chair and storage tray underneath. Don't use it much as it's a bit heavy and awkward to carry up from the basement to my driveway. Most often a milk crate is fine.

[Linked Image]

I don't use mine for tire checks either. That's just how the thread started. I used mine today rotating my tires. It was nice rolling around putting the tires back on. Just the right height. Nice place to keep the lug nuts in a foldable shelf on the side.

Originally Posted by Silk
How old do you have to be that you need to sit down to check tyre pressures ? Or is it how fat ?

Careful your treading on thin ice.
31.gif

Originally Posted by Silk
How old do you have to be that you need to sit down to check tyre pressures ? Or is it how fat ?

I can only hope that you get old enough to appreciate the irony of insulting old people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back