Need help figuring out what this generator is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got this great deal on this small generator off of craigslist. Someone was getting rid of a bunch of stuff and wanted it gone. I paid $10. It runs great and generates power ect. It does not have the original fuel tank with it so i cant get a model number or anything off of that. I am trying to figure out what i have so i can get parts and maybe an owners manual.

IMG_20181016_232542437.jpg

IMG_20181016_232557137.jpg

IMG_20181016_232625440.jpg

IMG_20181016_232636380.jpg

Nice looking little unit.

I'm going to guess that's a Robin or even a later Robin/Subaru engine (precursor to the EY28) with 7.5HP. Looks a lot like my 7.5HP EY28 Subaru engine that's on my leaf mulcher.

If so, it's probably about 3500W.

Last edited:
I think it has a kawasaki engine. All the labels i can see say made in japan.

You paid ten bucks for it?
It looks like it's barely been run.
This was the steal of the current century.
Good for you!

Wow you guys work quick. Looks like it is a k2100 and good find on the manual.

Considering i didnt pay much for it i am going to use the gas tank that it came with which is this old square metal one. i just need to make a bracket to mount it. I looked through that manual but i could not find what spark plug it needs. The generator has a spark plug in it but i do not think its the right one. Where can i find parts for an onan k2100? Basically i need a spark plug and i need the foam sock that goes over the air filter.

Originally Posted by joegreen
Considering i didnt pay much for it i am going to use the gas tank that it came with which is this old square metal one. i just need to make a bracket to mount it. I looked through that manual but i could not find what spark plug it needs. The generator has a spark plug in it but i do not think its the right one. Where can i find parts for an onan k2100? Basically i need a spark plug and i need the foam sock that goes over the air filter.

Great deal! Try www.jackssmallengines.com. Onan is still in business. If i were you, I'd contact its customer service and send them a couple pictures. Make them ID the model and year for you.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Originally Posted by joegreen

Great deal! Try www.jackssmallengines.com. Onan is still in business. If i were you, I'd contact its customer service and send them a couple pictures. Make them ID the model and year for you.

Ill try that thanks. The plug thats in it is this bosch platinum 2 prong deal that looks like it has the wrong sealing surface where the plug mates to the cylinder head.

Cool find. Like said, I am almost certain that is a Subaru/Robin, made in Japan engine. Old school flat-head.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
+1 on the deal of the century.

That thing is really cool looking! I bet it sounds good too.
thumbsup2.gif

It does sound pretty cool. My two favorite features it has is an idle control lever so you dont have to start it and have it go straight to max rpm and it has a light that tells you when its low on oil.

I tried contacting jacks small engines but they were unable to help me. My main concern right now is getting the proper spark plug in it. I can probably find a generic foam sock on ebay to go over the air filter.

Here is a picture of a sheet from the manual saying what model the engine (GN1850-DG-A3) is but i cannot find anything on that engine. My generator is the k2100 in the boxed red column.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
After doing some more research i believe the engine is made by kubota but thats all ive got so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back