2015 Nissan frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 70000 miles the serpentine belt started making noise. I replaced the belt but not the tensioner. At 75000 miles started making noise again. "Chirping" noise. Replaced the belt and tensioner with a Nissan one. The tensioner pulley looks worn. Almost like the belt "cut a grove" in it. You can look at the belt and tensioner and the wear lines match each other.

My question is can the tensioner wear out after only 75000 miles? And it looks at the main fan pulley its getting shiny now. But no "groves" in it. Looks to be a bear to change. Do you think there is a chance the main fan pulley is worn? Thanks

Usually the idler pulleys are known to wear out faster than the tensioner pulleys. But yea it happens, esp the smaller the pulley is.

This is what this old tenisoner pulley looks like. Is this common for 75000 miles?

pully.jpg

I know on the Frontier my FIL had as a company vehicle, the serp belt and tensioner was the only items that needed to be replaced other than brakes and tires in ~90K miles or so. This was on a 4x4, VQ40 engine model.

I replaced my belt and tensioner at around 100,000 miles. No issues up to that point, just was time.

The only issue I have with my Frontier is noisy brakes under light pressure. Has been since day one and it drives me NUTS
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back