Changing Fuids

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading Bob is the Oil Guy for some time, I've come to realize many discussions and arguments surround frequency of fluid changes; oil, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, rear diff, front diff, transfer case, hydraulic clutch fluid, hydraulic fluid for rag tops. Most cars make it to the wrecking yard with only the occasional oil change, as was pointed out by many Bitoggers.

Just when everyone thought they had it covered you can now change your air in your tires, from air to nitrogen and back. Anal retention has no limits. Bitog on!

Last edited:
Almost forgot. There is oil in the shocks. Better change it.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
But seriously.....

Could one change the oil in Citroen air over oil suspension systems?

Also, if it freezes where you live I respectfully suggest you check if you have real cheap "PROTECTS to 32 degrees" washer fluid.

It'd gall my guts out to have to replace the cheap plastic junk which is washer reservoirs and pumps due to freeze damage.

Originally Posted by Kira
But seriously.....

What do you mean with Citroen air? I don't know about the recent ones, but Citroen always had an hydraulic system that was so good that it was used even by RR & Bentley. To my knowledge it was never a problem even in the coldest european winter.

I must be AR as I start refilling reservoirs with the -20 washer fluid in September.

Originally Posted by Kira
But seriously.....

Also, if it freezes where you live I respectfully suggest you check if you have real cheap "PROTECTS to 32 degrees" washer fluid.

It'd gall my guts out to have to replace the cheap plastic junk which is washer reservoirs and pumps due to freeze damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back