Engine Flush at 50k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ZraHamilton
I've heard that flushes are best for keeping clean engines clean.

Silly rabbit, flushes are best at keeping toilets clean. I'd be much more worried about the SADI cam core in your Hemi than I would a little varnish after 50k miles. Save your flush money and buy a billet core cam if you plan on keeping the truck for a long time.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by dave1251
Huh? Is this a real thread?

Yeah, i think this is a troll post

Not a troll post, just asking if a flush every 50k miles would be beneficial on top of using synthetic. And it's only $6.

Not a troll post, just asking if a flush every 50k miles would be beneficial on top of using synthetic. And it's only $6.

It only benefits the company selling the flush. The only thing getting flushed is your money. Sure you can use it, probably won't hurt. But the truck engine will be no better for it.

No need, just keep changing the oil at the appropriate intervals with the correct spec and continue on.

Originally Posted by kschachn
I've heard that flushes are best for keeping clean engines clean.

Nah, using a quality oil changed out at a reasonable interval is what's best for keeping clean engines clean.

^^^^^^^^^

Spot on here.

So you will waste $6 un necessarily. I guess a fool and his money are soon parted. I know now this is true.

Why even do a flush on ANY vehicle with 50k on it? A honest, educated answer would be very nice

Unless the engine was seriously neglected for 50K miles, there is no need for a flush.

No reason an engine with only 50k on it should need an engine flush
31.gif

The only way you would need an engine flush at 50k is if it NEVER had an oil change during those 50k miles!

Setting flush or no flush subject aside, I would not flush any 2017 car specifically one purchased from you
grin2.gif

I don't think you need a flush as others have also voiced. That said,in some higher mileage engines with carbon build up on the rings/lands specifically, I have used BG EPR with great results. But it's not really a engine flush per se. It's a product that targets a specific issue, sticky rings. At 50k miles I'm sure your rings don't need a thing besides clean high quality oil.

When used as directed I don't see how flush products from companies like Amsoil and Gunk do any damage to an engine. Without evidence I just don't buy it, sorry.

Last edited:
There is no need to do engine flush with regular oil and filter changes when using quality oil and filter.
I had a VW Jetta for 17 years and parted with it when had 235K miles on it, had to change valve cover gasket at around 200K miles, engine was very very clean inside, no sign of sludge or even varnish.
I used Mobil 1 5w-40 late in maintenance while used Rotella 15w-40 for first 10 years or so.

Probably do more harm than good. Just use a quality synthetic oil and change every 10K and your engine will stay clean. My 2007 Fusion is very clean with M1 0-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back