hey old guys- tire checks - what do you sit on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife bought me a rolling stool from HF a few years back and it's one of the best gifts ever. Use it when washing/polishing/waxing car and when filling up tires. Saves a lot of wear and tear on back and knees.

I bought one from Sams club 20 years ago. I've used it so much, I've had to replace the caster wheels once. We're remodeling our kitchen and I'm currently using it to roll around and paint the base cabinets. Mine is exactly like Leo99's only black. Very handy!

Last edited:
I just turned 55 but I refuse to get old. I am as strong as an ox and I still roughhouse with my athletic 20 year old son. Never will use any "aids", LOL.

At 71 I am still able to just get down on one knee to do mine. So far anyway.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
I just turned 55 but I refuse to get old. I am as strong as an ox and I still roughhouse with my athletic 20 year old son. Never will use any "aids", LOL.

It's going to stink when your eyes or hearing go.

61 here and still active and healthy but with a new smooth concrete garage floor a seat with wheels is worth looking into. One with a manly logo.

Stools are too slow for air filling. I will use one for a brake job.

For air I kneel using a kneepad, I have 2, if I can't find either I use a folded piece of corrugated cardboard (twice as thick) to kneel on. Since the recycling bin is in the garage, and we're always buying stuff, there's always cardboard. Also I keep a few large sheets behind the rolling toolbox to lay on under the vehicle, much more comfy than concrete. I cut them with a boxcutter to the size of the back of the toolbox, once stored they take up pretty much zero space.

Originally Posted by AZjeff

I turned 55 last week and still do not need or wear glasses. I just renewed my Drivers licence and passed vision test with total ease.
My hearing is a bit suspect, but I have not lost any functionality. My hair does have some grey though, LOL.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Originally Posted by AZjeff

I turned 55 last week and still do not need or wear glasses. I just renewed my Drivers licence and passed vision test with total ease.
My hearing is a bit suspect, but I have not lost any functionality. My hair does have some grey though, LOL.

That's great. My vision was great into my 40s then it went.

Stools are too slow for air filling.

Makes sense. Still a good Christmas gift idea for dad!

At 75 re-adjusting air pressures on our 2016 model to satisfy notices from GM gets old. Last weeks notice said right side was 2 psi higher than left. Right side was in afternoon sun. Moved car to garage and pressure dropped 1 psi. Foam gardening next to shop door works for me.

I use a 5-gallon bucket with a swivel seat I got at the gun shop. That's as low as I need to get most of the time. If I need to be lower, I have a smaller bucket with the same diameter that I can use. I didn't think I'd use it much, but it's been really handy.

Fighting with my 20 year old son keeps me physically sharp, I suppose. I have a significant weight advantage on him but he has the speed and endurance advantage by far. We wrestle hard until someone is pinned down or otherwise needs to stop. Its totally all in fun but pretty intense at times when he gets all jacked up trying to whip his old Dad. I still win lots but I had to give in last time. The dude nailed me with a wicked kidney punch. It hurt me and I was bruised for days. My wife thinks we are crazy, especially after breaking one of her kitchen chairs last year. We have to fight outside now, go figure, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back