2018 X3 xDrive 3.0 impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Club Sport needed some maintenance and my SA at the BMW dealership gave me a new X3 to drive. While I'm usually not a fan of CUVs, I was very impressed. My wife really liked it; she's convinced that my SA gives me nice loaners to tempt me into buying a newer car. The sport seats were excellent(as usual) and the base system audio sounded better than average.Handling was decent, especially considering it was the standard suspension. The 2.0 liter turbo four is adequate, but 0-60 in the low 6 second range is just a bit slow for my tastes. The stop/start system is virtually imperceptible- as good or better than the setup in my 2er or the X5 M press car I had in January.

Would I buy one? Well, not a 3.0- I'd rather have a Stelvio Ti Sport. However, I could easily live with an M40i or-better yet-the upcoming X3 M. A CPO of course.

Moto Guzzi named a Stelvio before Alfa Romeo did (see sig) ...
cheers3.gif

My moms looking to replace her 2011 X3 and hated the new ones she drove both the X1 and X3. Feels like a cheap apartment that they loaded up with high end electronics to sell the place she said. They offered her 1500$ for an 11 3.0si with 103k on it on trade in!!!! Insulting!!!! Its an 8-9k car easy!!! She says she leaning towards the new XC60, beautiful cars now.

I'm looking forward to sampling one myself, I've driven the new Acura RDX and it is mighty impressive, a clear and direct competitor with this new gen. The title was misleading though. It wasn't a 3.0 unless it was the M40i.

A friend was looking at a higher end SUV. She drove the Acura, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Auudi,Infinity, etc. I did some research to help her out. She fionlly settled on the X3. She thanks me every time I see her. I thinkits an amazing vehicle. She actually averages 30ish mph. As far as slow. Depends on your perspetive....its an SUV scheesch. But to eachhis/her own.

If I needed to replace my Forester XT I wouldj go with the X3. Actually ..she bought a demo with around 4000 onit. She gotit for around 11000 under msrp. I love the 2.0 Turbos.....yea, maybe a bit of turbo lag...but they just keep accelerating.

Originally Posted by gofast182
I'm looking forward to sampling one myself, I've driven the new Acura RDX and it is mighty impressive, a clear and direct competitor with this new gen. The title was misleading though. It wasn't a 3.0 unless it was the M40i.

BMW has screwed around with their naming again. It's "X3 xDrive30i".

The 4 cyl engines are given the "30" Ex 430, 530, etc. "40" designates the new 6 cyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back