What options do you think all vehicles should have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think navigation systems that are self updating would be awesome

I also think heated and cooled seats would be nice too

I think there should be a driving test and credentials required for all drivers. If it's a horrible driver they get a Datsun B210 from 1975 or something similar that's speed limited to 40 mph.

If you're a Mario Andretti level driver, you can drive what you want.

Credentials to be logged in each time the vehicle is driven.

This way, if it's a pos you know the driver is sketchy.

Now that I have a car with a HUD, I would try to get another if I am in the market.

It might seem gimmicky but I hardly ever look down at the gauges anymore. The info I need is right in front of me including speed, speed limit, nav, blind spot warning, lane departure, distance warning to car in front, and cruise control.

Cruise control. One of the reasons I sold my Crown Vic was the lack of that feature was annoying. Anything else, as long as it runs and drives and has an automatic transmission doesn't matter to me. Manual crank windows can be a little annoying on larger vehicles if the AC doesn't work but really I'm not picky.

Are we saying "what ought be on every car?"
or What should be just an option when buying a car (from the factory)?

I want: (1) Manual gearbox (2) 4 wheel disc brakes with abs/traction control (3) Port Injection (no direct injection) (4) a turbocharged V-12 would be nice
smile.gif

A clutch, brake and gas pedal, a stick to shift it, steering wheel, rear mirror, horn, blinkers and a full real mechanical gauge package. The rest of the crap I can live without.

Originally Posted by JLTD

This way, if it's a pos you know the driver is sketchy.

It's already happening. If you see a Mini, Porsche SUV, Lexus SUV, black pick-up truck - you know to exercise care.

Originally Posted by Trav
A clutch, brake and gas pedal, a stick to shift it, steering wheel, rear mirror, horn, blinkers and a full real mechanical gauge package. The rest of the crap I can live without.

I would substitute the horn for A/C
smile.gif

Another vote for heads up display.

Had it in an old 1993 Nissan 240SX ...it was basic speedometer only , but I loved it.

Rear wiper, folding mirrors (heated mirrors even better), headlight washers, amber rear turn signals (red turn signals are stupid), cabin filter, dipstick and drain plug for automatic transmissions, 4-wheel disc brakes, and headlights that automatically shut off after a few minutes you if you forget to turn them off.

Originally Posted by zorobabel
Originally Posted by Trav

I would substitute the horn for A/C
smile.gif

Now you mention it yes me too and heat and wipers. You get the picture, the bare minimum to operate the thing without freezing or boiling to death in it.

Never thought of myself as an options enthusiast, but I really appreciate having adaptive cruise control and a front camera on my Ford Explorer. Took me a while to trust the adaptive cruise control, but it really works well. And the wide-angle front camera is handy for seeing traffic approaching from the left and right when waiting at a stop sign. (The front camera is about eight feet closer to the crossroad than my eyeballs are.)

I am going to buy my next car with the right-of-way factory-installed option. Most cars seem to lack the blinker option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back