Stabilizer needed for 5-6 month storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Charger will sit in the garage during winter for the most part, unless the roads are completely dry, which is rare during winter around here. Do I need to stabilize the fuel or is 5-6 months not long enough to worry about it?

i would put some and run it until it goes through injectors, the worst thing it would be is a waste of a few dollars if is not needed but if you don't put some in and goes bad way more problems

Last edited:
It certainly wont hurt to put some stabil 360 or 360 marine in the tank and run it to make sure its in the injectors. Cheap insurance IMO.

I use stabilizer in any e-10 or greater fuel that will sit more than 2 months. In addition, also add 1oz of tcw-3 to 5 gallons and run that through all my ope carbs for winter storage.

Last edited:
In the cold & dry months - - fuel doesn't go bad like it does where there is heat and humidity. You'll be fine.

I don't use it in my R1, and she's a picky little nag when it comes to bad gas. A big tank of >10gal, I wouldn't worry about it a bit. Jeep had it's last gas station trip in 2015 I believe, fires right up.

Just fill and use E0 that's what I'd let it sit on. Iif i had to pick a stabilizer it would be RedlineSI 1oz to 5 gal.

I store a 2015 direct injection Corvette from mid November to April every winter. In a garage that over the winter is heated to 40 degrees.

No stabilizer, and so far, no issues.

Originally Posted by Dyusik
I don't use it in my R1, and she's a picky little nag when it comes to bad gas. A big tank of >10gal, I wouldn't worry about it a bit. Jeep had it's last gas station trip in 2015 I believe, fires right up.

Tank size has little to do with it as long as its full, its the few ounces left in the injectors that can be a possible issue.

Sometimes we ask a question, and we already know the answer.....
That being said, add the Stabil, top up your tank, and by the time you get back to your home, it would be mixed and through the fuel lines...….do it just for peace of mind!

Originally Posted by dave123
Just fill and use E0 that's what I'd let it sit on.
None of the gas stations around here sell E0.

I ended up adding some Sta-Bil 360. Thanks everyone!

I have just noticed that total volume of gas seems to correlate to how quickly it goes tango uniform. I know, I know, correlation and causation...

Originally Posted by dave123
Just fill and use E0 that's what I'd let it sit on. Iif i had to pick a stabilizer it would be RedlineSI 1oz to 5 gal.

Why do people assume E0 is available in all areas ? We cannot get it at all in the DC / Baltimore / Annapolis area.

Not "exactly" true Rubberchicken. Granted, you won't find it at any run-of-the-mill stations but, if you're willing to pay for it, there are plenty of places that sell E0 racing fuels. If your only concern is winter storage it's not worth the cost and hassle, just add some Lucas ethanol fuel stabilizer and fahgeddaboutit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back