Anyone work at a Toyota dealership im looking for pricing on a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a knock sensor part number 89615-12090. My local toyota dealer wants $220. Cheapest verifiable legitimate knock sensor i found online is around $180 with around $15 shipping. This is for a 1mzfe engine.

$163 plus shipping at my local dealer who has good prices on parts.

https://partsbarn.sunnysidetoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-knock-sensor-8961512090

I found this one on Amazon for $113, hopefully not a knock-off.
smile.gif

Amazon Link

This one is sold directly from Amazon at $143 and free shipping.

$143

Last edited:
$172.22 + shipping at toyota parts deal

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~sensor~knock~control~89615-12090.html

Those prices arent to bad. I think im going to go back to my dealer tomorrow with my vin number. Last time i went i didnt have my vin so we looked up the part for a 2000 camry with the 1mzfe assuming it would be the same knock sensor. Tomorrow Ill see if its the same price as we looked up last.

Rockauto has an Ultra-Power for $14. Just saying...

Kidding. Good luck on your search!

Check and see if that dealer has an online purchase option. One near me has their parts discounted if your do an online purchase and then pick it up. If your just walk straight in, they charge the full price. I doubt, though, that you can have them install that part after the online purchase. It is for the DIYers.

Unless its a really hard to get to place I have not had issues with aftermarket knock sensors on most American and Asian cars.

Originally Posted by Jimzz
Unless its a really hard to get to place I have not had issues with aftermarket knock sensors on most American and Asian cars.

Its not that hard to get to i suppose its just very time consuming. The entire throttle body, intake plenum, and intake manifold has to come off.

Originally Posted by funflyer
Denso on EBAY for $23. Codes are often set by a bad harness also.

DENSO

I did purchase a new oem harness. usually those ebay denso units are knockoffs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Originally Posted by funflyer
Denso on EBAY for $23. Codes are often set by a bad harness also.

DENSO
That is a good brand. Quality products. Like their filters.

Yes, actual Denso products are good. Those Ebay items that are selling for a fraction of the price of genuine Denso products, are as has been stated, more than likely counterfeit.

SatinSilver,

Amazon does have good deals on automotive and truck parts, people just have to take their time and look.

Free shipping also helps.

Went back to my dealer to see how much the actual part would be now that I had my Vin number. Total came to almost $240 with tax. I am definitely not purchasing there.

Originally Posted by joegreen
I am looking for a knock sensor part number 89615-12090. My local toyota dealer wants $220. Cheapest verifiable legitimate knock sensor i found online is around $180 with around $15 shipping. This is for a 1mzfe engine.

I used to use 1sttoyotaparts.com. they were pretty good price wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back