Sunsong Power Steering Hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my first experience with this brand. I used part# 3402219 which is designed to replace Toyota #44406-06171. The price of the Sunsong part is about 1/5th of the Toyota part.

The hose material on the Sunsong hose was rock hard. No joke. The 10 yr old Toyota hose felt more pliable. The bottom section was also on the shorter side, see below. The brackets were not in the correct spot, but I was able to move them with a pry bar after installing the hose (kind of annoying).

Overall, it is a significant cost savings over OE, but the hose material concerns me.

IMG_2847.jpg

Some reinforced hose can be stiff as a hooch hound on a bender, it doesn't seem to make them brittle or sub standard. I cant honestly say I know the brand but haven't heard anything bad about them only positives.

I've used quite a few of their brake lines and have had no problems. Seems like everybody puts their name on a Sunsong product and sells it as their own.
I haven't used any of their power steering lines, however.

I see them as OEM china from VW. I also have seen them on the aftermarket power steering pressure lines, and brake lines. For 1/5 the price, anything after 2 years is a bonus.

Originally Posted by Trav
Some reinforced hose can be stiff as a hooch hound on a bender, it doesn't seem to make them brittle or sub standard. I cant honestly say I know the brand but haven't heard anything bad about them only positives.

That is news to me. But at $20 for hose vs $100 for OE, I am skeptical that the material is upgraded.

Originally Posted by NoNameJoe
Could you beat someone over the head unconscious? "that" kind of hard?

Not quite, but I have some difficulty with squeezing it by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back