New Premium Guard PG4615 - 23 PSI Subaru spec'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thread was a bit off track so here is some C&P photos. This filter has the Subaru spec'd 23 psi bypass setting. At $1.68, I believe that they are a tremendous value and I would put these up against the OEM Subaru filter any day. I have been running these for 7500 miles with zero issues.

Here are some photos-

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PG web site says "96% multi-pass efficiency and removal of particles as small as 20 microns"

I just ordered 10 of these!
They're gonna go on my Legacy, Ascent, and Civic!

The STI will probably still get Wix or K&N Pro, I really want a silicon ADBV for that car...

From dissection anecdotes, these look to be well made filters, especially so for price. Silicone adbv on the website "conventional" filter pic a nice touch. Unlike topic filter, wonder if that is now standard across the entire line. Efficiency, while I see a percent, don't see a micron level or test protocol listed on their site. Current standard is ISO 4548-12. Without those, doesn't mean much. (One site, autoservicepro says both level filters at 25 microns, no test listed) That said, information purposes observation and may not be a priority. Thanks for c&p.

Yes they are but the reality is that 99% of folks use so much stuff from China in their everyday uses that they don't even know about. I enjoy buying USA made but that's not always the reality. Made in the USA doesn't always mean that everything used in it is... Just my .02

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Sw99, where is the proof of that? There is very little "real" data on their site from what I found. I'd love to see where you found all the other data. Thx!

I emailed them after you posted the question so here is the "proof" :

Thank you for the email and question. We use ISO-4548 section 12 - Multi-Pass Efficiency Test. This test is performed by 3rd party lab in TX. ISO 4548-12 is an established standard test procedures to measure the performance of full-flow lubricating oil filters for internal combustion engines. Basically, the test equipment includes a simulation of lubricant flow from one side of the filter, where containment is added to the lubricant (preset mix in accordance with ISO 12103-A3) and it flows through the filters, to the clean side. The test system is includes highly sensitive particle counters that records the amount of contaminate by particle size, before and after the filter. In other words, containment is added to clean oil, the particle counters record the quantity by particle size before and after the filter. Typical the flow rate is set to at a rate of 3 gallons per min or 12L/M.. The test is terminated once the deferential pressure (the deference is pressure between the upstream and downstream) reaches a preset level (typically 8-10 PSI),. The termination point is set based on the specification of the opening pressure of the by-pass relief valve. The test results covers 3 key areas:
Efficiency - is reported by particle size.. typically the results are reported at those levels unless otherwise requested 7 micron, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40
Capacity in grams, which measure the amount of containment captured by the filter media
Differential pressure throughout the test

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks again.

Again as an observation only, I see the email provides the ISO procedure but no micron level for the filter. It lists a general explanation of levels often used in the test protocol. Just musing, with all that information seemingly at hand why not list it on the box and/or website. Perhaps knowing main clientele, as noted, not a priority.

Ecogard filters provided a similar email explanation here for their filters. Their basic lowest tier filter has no box/website rating, the "synthetic" lists 99.9%@25 um. That micron level would correspond to the information listed on autoservpro site for the topic filter. If both Prem.Guard filters are at 25um that's still very respectable imo, and especially so at the price point at which these seem available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back