New ATVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
I have a Can Am Outlander 800 EFI Max XT. Big 2-seater with extended wheelbase. I'm in love. Has way more than enough balls for whatever you might encounter. Hasn't given me any issues, but it came to me already modded with a bunch of heavy duty parts. We see mostly mud here in FL, and it has proven to be perfect for that. With straight mud, it is all about horsepower. Rides like a dream. Girlfriend has no complaints about the ride or anything for that matter. Sometimes I use it to move my boat on the trailer around.

The suspension is a work of some serious science. I've done a lot of things that made me think I was going to flip over or roll, only to find that it was not even close to its limit. Seems impossible to really upset it.

It's ugly, but only because PO covered it in ugly plasti-dip. I'm currently working on replacing the body panels.

Sounds like you have the same machine as my buddy on here slammds15. I was super impressed with his and that's why I bought mine. They are great machines
thumbsup2.gif

Can't go wrong with Yamaha or Honda. Honda's are pretty basic and older tech but they're motto follows if it ain't broke don't fix it. The Rancher just finally got IRS a couple years ago after everyone else had been doing it for years. I have a 2013 Honda 400EX sport that's been virtually unchanged since it's introduction in 1999 except getting reverse in 2005. It's air cooled and simple which is what I like. My wife has a 2005 Grizzly 660 which has been a very durable, reliable machine.

Not sure if your still looking but I just picked up a 2018 Textron Alterra 500. They were running an end of year deal and I was OTD for $4700 financed at 2.9%. None of the other brands were even close to that price. Around here, 10 - 15 year old machines were still going for a premium.

Originally Posted by sw99
Not sure if your still looking but I just picked up a 2018 Textron Alterra 500. They were running an end of year deal and I was OTD for $4700 financed at 2.9%. None of the other brands were even close to that price. Around here, 10 - 15 year old machines were still going for a premium.

Found a lot of places giving them away for $4500. Sure packs quite a punch for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back