5 Gallon Buckets

Status
Not open for further replies.
To keep 5 family cars going, I normally get Milesyn in 5 gallon buckets. For the past 4-5 years, I've had no problems with it. What are some other decent oils available in bucket quantities like this?

Thanks

Ray

IMG_20181017_154122.jpg

The only one I know of is Royal Purple but it costs a bit more than Milesyn. However, I don't think there is a need to look further if milesyn has been working well!

Originally Posted by dlundblad
How do you dump the oil into an engine?

Use a funnel and pour it into a transfer bottle first.

Ray

I poured mine into empty 5 qt. jugs. If I continue to buy in 5 gallon buckets I believe harbor Freight has a pump and cart to use.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
Some Amsoil, Shaffers used to come in 5 gal buckets.

Pfftt never mind on the Amsoil- its quart, 1 gallon, 30 gal, 55 gal, 275 gal.

I looked at the cost of this a while back and the cheapest way was to just buy gallon jugs from Walmart. It seems like they don't give bulk discounts for large quantities of oil. Even at 55 gallon pale of delo 400 15w40 was still like 15 or 16 bucks a gallon vs $10.88 at Walmart. lol

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I looked at the cost of this a while back and the cheapest way was to just buy gallon jugs from Walmart. It seems like they don't give bulk discounts for large quantities of oil. Even at 55 gallon pale of delo 400 15w40 was still like 15 or 16 bucks a gallon vs $10.88 at Walmart. lol
I wouldn't even both with bulk, sales + MIR are how you get cheap oil. That's how it seems to be in the US anyway.

NAPA, in an Eco-Box..
Pour into your old bucket, if needed...

https://www.napaonline.com/en/search?text=5%2Bgallon%2Boil&q=N%3D1000032700%2B2970200%26Ntt%3D5%20gallon%20oil%26Ntk%3DKeyword&isProduct=true&indices=PIA

I use a kerosene pump, and an empty gallon jug...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington
I wouldn't even both with bulk, sales + MIR are how you get cheap oil. That's how it seems to be in the US anyway.

Buying it in small jugs doesn't work well for me. Too much chasing around and most places have limits of 1 jug at a time or, the sale includes some brand of filter that I don't care for. If I had just 1 car, that would be fine but there are 5 in the family and I'm the chief grease monkey that keeps them maintained.

Originally Posted by RayCJ
Originally Posted by maxdustington

Buying it in small jugs doesn't work well for me. Too much chasing around and most places have limits of 1 jug at a time or, the sale includes some brand of filter that I don't care for. If I had just 1 car, that would be fine but there are 5 in the family and I'm the chief grease monkey that keeps them maintained.

How much is it a gallon when you buy it like that?

Walmart doesn't have a limit on oil. Plus with the Mobil 1 $12 rebate, just use each family member's name and send it for the rebate. Limit 2 per household. $10.88 for a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 after rebate. Doesn't even cost a stamp as you can submit online.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

How much is it a gallon when you buy it like that?

Walmart doesn't have a limit on oil. Plus with the Mobil 1 $12 rebate, just use each family member's name and send it for the rebate. Limit 2 per household. $10.88 for a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 after rebate. Doesn't even cost a stamp as you can submit online.

I ordered 2 buckets last night. Delivered to the door it was $17.50 for one and $16.25 for the other (per 5-quarts). That's a lot cheaper than walking into some random store any paying $25-$30. I guess if I had the discipline, buying on sale and with rebates is the way to go... If I had the discipline.

Ray

People report MIRs on this board as if they're available constantly. That's great if it works for you.

I just don't see the MIR offers around. Is searching on oil company websites what I have to do? Seriously.

Originally Posted by Kira
People report MIRs on this board as if they're available constantly. That's great if it works for you.

I just don't see the MIR offers around. Is searching on oil company websites what I have to do? Seriously.

Just keep searching this site. I believe in the sale/promotion forum they get mentioned all the time. Mobil has been doing their $12 rebate twice a year for the last couple of years and the current rebate ends October 31st.

i don't ever buy oil in 5 gallon buckets but i have two 5 gallon buckets full of random oil. usually leaking containers from work or just stuff i had around the house and didn't need anymore. i have some broke friends with older cars that aren't too picky on oil and so they just get that for free. totally fine for a typical car with a typical oci.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back