F-22 Awesomeness

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK the F-35 has a significantly better track record than the A-10 in recent CAS exercises. And I'm sure the pilots really appreciate having an order of magnitude better SA and flying higher than enemy soldiers can shoot. So yeah, I'm sure the F-35 will at least partly replace the A-10 in CAS.

It'll also replace a lot of the other planes flying CAS missions, like the F-15E and F-16.

Not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted though. You're not thinking CAS centers on guns, are you?

Originally Posted by CT8
No bathroom ! Not my kind of plane.

If you're going up against an Raptor your flight suit is the bathroom because you'll just sheet your drawers...

Originally Posted by d00df00d
Originally Posted by turtlevette
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...-have-new-way-kill-f-22s-and-f-35s-30967

Here's the latest article in my news feed today. This is my theory. Exactly what I'm talking about. Build a bunch of cheap missiles or otherwise unmanned vehicles to go after the f22.

I'd rather have 10,000 cheap unmanned disposable seek and destroy widgets than these over bloated fighters.

Guys, if it wasn't clear until now that this discussion wasn't going to get anywhere, this post makes it crystal clear. I suggest we leave it here.

The Russians are good at coming up with "better stuff" that never gets built or barely gets built.

They never forgot the lesson of the Cold War. The US can always throw more chips into the pot and make Russia fold.

Russia's tactic since then, and even before then has been to bluff-bluff-bluff-bluff and never ante up.

The amount of cash they incinerated just to stop the XB-70 that never happened, and the SR-71 that did happen was unbelievable.

in the grand scheme of things, never forget the clandestine projects. We literally have no idea what might be flying out there. Remember that it was not unusual for the SR-71 to be shot at by friendly nations because they kept its movements so secret even our allies never got word.

Russia knows it can't win an arms race, or pretty much any other race.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp

Yep. Their only ace in the hole is, really, their ballistic missiles and boomers. But, as evidenced by Kursk (God rest their souls), they can barely keep a sub afloat anymore.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp

Yep. Their only ace in the hole is, really, their ballistic missiles and boomers. But, as evidenced by Kursk (God rest their souls), they can barely keep a sub afloat anymore.

The investigation pointed to a damaged torpedo that should not have been taken aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back