"OEM" Brand Hyundai Coolant/Anti-Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm changing the coolant in a 2012 Elantra 2.0l. It has the original factory fill and has 120,000 km on it.

I want a PHOAT coolant. Hyundai simply says ethylene glycol, so in theory absolutely anything including Dex works. But I believe factory fill was PHOAT, the manual says change at 96k km / 60 months, then every 48k km / 24 months.

I'm considering Toyota Super Long Life, or Zerex Asian but saw "OEM" Brand coolant sold at Canadian Tire, made by Recochem along with a bunch of other vehicle specific coolants. "Meets or exceeds requirements ASTM D3306 and JIS K2234"

Reochem appears to make TurboPower, STP and Motomaster coolants. It comes in pre-mixed and concentrate. I believe this is the same stuff as their Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan etc bottles but with a different dye. Thoughts?

http://www.recochem.com/ca/products...e_50_50_premix_antifreeze_coolant_korean

Hyundai's OEM coolant is an HOAT with phosphates. You might want to touch base with member StevieC to see what he was using in his Hyundai Santa Fe, which is had for well over 530,000 km IIRC.

Any of the PHOAT choices you listed will work fine. I like Zerex Asian personally because it's readily available at Wally World.

I really like the ASIAN branded fluid from RockAuto! And Motorcraft fluid of course.

Have you checked what the local dealerships offer?

Curious as this reminded me I posted about my own experience 5 years ago where they initially offered me CAM2 branded AF. The sites changed since then but I think what they had in stock was the "Global". CAM2 also offers a "SuperLife" variant as well. Both of which are HOAT but the SuperLife "contains no phosphates, nitrates, borates, or silicates".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back