Smoothie fans: what do you add to yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy smoothies. I'm no health nut just dropping lbs is all. I put berries, chia seed and almond milk and moms homemade peanut butter in mine. Last one i used a whole jalepeno pepper, some garlic, kale and carrots and few slices of sweet potato and celery.

Csob V-8 I say
smile.gif

Ah so those oil frankenbrews I keep reading about are actually smoothies for your car. If you want to drop weight though sweet potato type starchy stuff is the last thing you want in there ..

Try what's called an ABC - Apple Beetroot Carrot. Add whatever sort of spice suits you - if you want jalapeno and garlic in there, be my guest, else salt and pepper will do just fine. For texture - kosher salt and cracked / fresh crushed pepper rather than the regular stuff (mortons type free flow salt, pepper powder)

Mine I use spinach, ginger, frozen strawberries, (i get them free during the season and freeze a bunch of them, same with blueberries) banana, kiwi, muscadine grapes, which I get free and freeze as well. Nice to live near farms and get free stuff.

Also done, yellow squash fresh and frozen, cucumbers, chia, milled flax seed, lemons and even gone as far as when we cut up a watermelon, I clean the rind and cut it up and freeze it to use.

Broccoli works well but be careful it can make it taste off if you put to much in. Also Tart Cherry concentrate. Good for inflammation.

We have a Vitamix so not much doesn't get put in. Peanuts are good but not much, they give a strong taste. Almonds and cashews as well. We buy a lot of bulk at Sam's Club and Costco.

I keep my morning drink simple. Jarrow Chocolate Whey Powder, 4oz of cold coffee and 2oz of milk.

No vegetables. No fruit.

I have worked out a recipe I like a lot. I drink 1/2 of it before a workout and the rest later. Big difference in performance and recovery, and I use it as a meal substitute other times. I calculated it as 220 calories per pint.

1)In blender, 1c packed spinach, 1c almond milk, 1c water. Blend until spinach fully chopped.
2) Then add a few strawberries, a very scant handful of blueberries, a few slices of frozzen banana (about 1/4 banana), 2/3 scoop of Six-star Chocolate whey powder (cheap at walmart), 1c ice. About 32 oz total when done, 440 calories.

This blends up thick and tasty, lots of nutrition, low carb. Will sit in the fridge ok up to a day and just re-blend a few seconds.

10:1 cbd:thcâ–³9 tincture(legally obtained and consumed) - about 20mg/2mg per shake. Otherwise i'm a sucker for spinach, kiwi, apple and banana

I keep it pretty basic, plain yogurt (usually a Greek kind) and/or half a banana as a binder, then use store bought frozen fruits, usually a mix peach, mango and peach. I'll add just enough milk, juice or just water to get it to blend.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I enjoy smoothies. I'm no health nut just dropping lbs is all. I put berries, chia seed and almond milk and moms homemade peanut butter in mine. Last one i used a whole jalepeno pepper, some garlic, kale and carrots and few slices of sweet potato and celery.

Csob V-8 I say
smile.gif

Avocado or avocado-banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back