NAPA GOLD 1358 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening bITOGERS:)

Off my uncles new to him 2012 Nissan Sentra. 60,xxx on car. If i had to guess I'd say oil and filter had less than 1,400 miles on them. Uncle wanted to do oil change so i used a tough guard and Formula Shell 5w30. I figured I would cut.and post this since SubyRubieRoo package has not arrived to me yet

Enjoy the pics and tiny filter

20181016_180424.jpg

20181016_180605.jpg

20181016_180634.jpg

20181016_180649.jpg

20181016_180714.jpg

20181016_180704.jpg

20181016_180736.jpg

20181016_180655.jpg

Thank you the cut andd post
thumbsup2.gif

Wow that filter is TINY! Even the longer 7356 still has a short media cartridge inside
mad.gif

Will the longer 7356 fit on that Sentra?
smile.gif

Ouch, Adam. I'm hurt... USPS takes their sweet time, and sometimes so do I. The package is going out tomorrow and has 10 virgins and 2 old bags... some of the ones coming have already been cut by our dynamic duo, so those can happily be donated to your local fleet, to be dissected at some later date. I know plenty on the board are salivating over fresh filters... the others just don't get the scientific quest for truth
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
thumbsup2.gif

Wow that filter is TINY! Even the longer 7356 still has a short media cartridge inside
mad.gif

smile.gif

Yeah, used the 7317 TOUGH GUARD

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Ouch, Adam. I'm hurt... USPS takes their sweet time, and sometimes so do I. The package is going out tomorrow and has 10 virgins and 2 old bags... some of the ones coming have already been cut by our dynamic duo, so those can happily be donated to your local fleet, to be dissected at some later date. I know plenty on the board are salivating over fresh filters... the others just don't get the scientific quest for truth
smile.gif

I was kidding about the package
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif

mad.gif

smile.gif

Also, I'm surprised a NAPA GOLD now has a nitrile ADBV
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I know, its all good LMAO... cuz I got the itch to see more filters cut too

I hear ya

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
thumbsup2.gif

mad.gif

smile.gif

frown.gif

Yeah that is kind of weird. The non silicone ADBV is not up to the "gold" standard. That's why I get the 57356 which has the silicone ADBV. Plus it's $4.50 cheaper... The 51358 is $13 plus
shocked2.gif

i have a kawasaki vulcan motorcycle which I am using the wix 51358 filter, but after seeing this thread on the NAPA 1358 I decided to go to our NAPA store and get one for my bike's next oil change, I'm not sure how long to leave the oil filters on, I had been changing to a new filter every time i did the oil change which is around 3,000 km, so just wondering if I made the right decision to get the NAPA 1358 filter and should I change out the NAPA filter every 3,000 km, thanks

Originally Posted by Degreaser
i have a kawasaki vulcan motorcycle which I am using the wix 51358 filter, but after seeing this thread on the NAPA 1358 I decided to go to our NAPA store and get one for my bike's next oil change, I'm not sure how long to leave the oil filters on, I had been changing to a new filter every time i did the oil change which is around 3,000 km, so just wondering if I made the right decision to get the NAPA 1358 filter and should I change out the NAPA filter every 3,000 km, thanks

Most will say change the oil and filter together, a few will say leave it on for 2 changes. In reality it will not make a difference on a short interval of 3,000 km, these filters can do 10,000 km if needed.
Only thing I am not crazy about with these is the nitrile ADV, those can get stiff on a motorcycle easier since you tend to be dealing with higher heat, but on an horizontally mounted filter, not a huge issue.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
frown.gif

It seems to be one of the few that does; it's the same as the Wix 51358. The 57356 is actually a bit cheaper for me, plus I get the silicone ADBV. If I'm going to use the 51358, I might as well get the Baldwin. It's got a nitrile ADBV but is half the price in the first place. I have no real complaints about nitrile, but I don't intend to pay a premium for it.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back