NH oil undercoating

Status
Not open for further replies.
A local guy does NH oil undercoating. I would prefer CarWell but its a long drive to get CarWell applied.

The NHOU costs more and the guy takes longer. At this point I am doing the truck (at least) a 2nd time this year.

We will see how much of the CarWell was left when he applies the NHOU.

The guy does this on weekends and works full time at the main shop I get work done at.

Have other tried this stuff.

Why not stick with CarWell if NH costs more and takes longer ? The longer drive equals out with the cost and time of NH. Might be better to apply the same stuff that's already on there than switching solutions.

Checking their website, it seems very similar to Monarch Oil rustproofing oil I use. They have a black and clear version as well. I would use them with confidence and I especially like their wheel well guard, which is a thick paste that they brush on in the wheel wells. I did something similar with regular bearing grease. It really stays put in those high wash areas.

Regarding the post above about switching solutions, it simply does't matter. Any type of oil rustproofing will do its job, as long as it was properly applied and in sufficient amount.

I use NH oil undercoating on 2 of my trucks and it's great stuff,been using it for 3 years and put a coat on every August. I do it myself and have used both black and clear, but only use black now. Since I started using it the frame and body have stayed rust free. Time will tell, but I'm confident that with an application every year my trucks will remain rust free.

I have never used it but I did research it thoroughly. NH oil is based on mineral oil (Think Johnson's baby oil) and it's performance is similar to most of the other oil based under body rust treatments.

After doing my research, I ended up buying Fluid Film as it was cheaper, more versatile and more tenacious. I bought an airless paint sprayer and a 5 gallon jug and I go to town twice a year. The airless paint sprayer makes the application process very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back