Just another M1 EP UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 Ford Explorer
3.5 Duratec
60% hwy 40% city
4600 miles on oil

M1 EP 5w20 with Motorcraft Filter

I dont know which oil i will be using later...but I probably will do another UOA at 50k.

E3F8F14E-9BDF-4458-9EA6-E0279DB470D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251
Did you even hit the factory recommended OCI? I would not have used M-1 for 4600 miles.

No. Ive been doing oil change on this SUV since day 1. Recently it smelled pretty strong fuel smell, this is why i changed oil and got UOA.

Originally Posted by madeej11
Why bother ? Boring...

Dont waste your time

Last edited:
Just want to see something besides the norm . Like SubieRubyRoo's PUP 0w20 or 5w20 forget which, a few months back. 17k plus and no makeup, if memory serves. Good quality oil run long and driven hard. I know, this guy's still under warranty.

Even with it shearing down, it's still showing decent wear numbers. So what exactly will switching to a different oil accomplish here?

UOA doesn't show deposits either. What will it accomplish? Longer runs with an oil that actually wont break down, can handle heat without evaporating off and gunking up the emissions system. Lower friction, less wear, better protection, less deposits, better mpg, cooloer running, longer engine life.

There is no reason. Current fill is Valvoline Syn 5w30 (couldnt pass their rebates) but im pretty sure i will go back to M1 EP.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mtxjohn
UOA doesn't show deposits either. What will it accomplish? Longer runs with an oil that actually wont break down, can handle heat without evaporating off and gunking up the emissions system. Lower friction, less wear, better protection, less deposits, better mpg, cooloer running, longer engine life.

What? Im so tired of this "real synthetic" argument. So to you Grp IV is the only real synthetic? I have yet to see many engines having any issues because of oil. Useless argument. Longer engine life? For what? So the scrapyard can sell it?! Lol

Yes, longer engine life while you own it. Means less wear while you own it. Less wear translates into more power and efficiency albeit minute. I'll take it.

With modern group III/+ base oils approaching and matching in some instances that of PAO performance, I'm really not sure your argument holds much water. It's not 1995 anymore. And there is no conclusive proof that "real synthetics" reduce wear anymore than a properly formulated Group III. Are we just going to forget about additives🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back