How far do you let your stocks drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dblshock
closed out SQQQ for the moment, started 1/2 position TQQQ ....hope to sell it to the morning crowd early.

I had ugld gld nugt and oild and had an up day. I just didn't buy nearly enough. The talk a couple days ago was gold was heading for a lower low.

I need to set up some buy orders for udow and tqqq.

TQQQ is up 1.25 after-hours.

Last edited:
Early 2009 the DOW was 7,000
It's 25,000 today.

S&P was 700; today it's 2,700.

Anyone in since then is looking good.

I will not say how much I have paper lost in the last year due to high tech...
Ha!

closed out SQQQ for the moment, started 1/2 position TQQQ ....hope to sell it to the morning crowd early.

Well that worked as planed for 3.7pts. opened a beginning position in QID @40.33

Harley Davidson now opened a storefront on Amazon so this should help reverse declining sales. No need to go to HD dealership for your clothing and accessories when you can get it with free shipping from online store.

I'm very long on AMZN and will continue to hold and encourage people to buy it.

Amazon will quickly surpass Wal-Mart in clothing sales.

I know not to look today. However, when raises come out again, I know I'm increasing my contributions.

Indexing has worked for me.

Upping my contributions when the markets go down has been a pretty solid strategy.

Sure, I never know where the bottom is, but I'm not really trying to time it. But I don't mind getting more in the market when the entry ticket price has gone on sale.

I'm wondering if people think it's going right back to test all time highs. I'm not biting.

Warren Buffett thinks half of the gains are from the corporate tax cuts. It's a simi manipulated market.

sold QID small loss...trading account all cash foe the w/e

Why not go short. You think it's going to add to a 2.5% gain. I like going short into the weekend.

I've been consistently wrong on NFLX..I'm not a T.V., show, laugh track, make believe or sitcom guy, and I mean zero...I truly don't get this business.

I've been consistently wrong on NFLX..I'm not a T.V., show, laugh track, make believe or sitcom guy, and I mean zero...I truly don't get this business.

People are zombies and love watching TV.

I do own a small amount of NFLX.

I never watched one episode of Cheers, I was done after The Rockford Files cancelled lol! ...and I'm done speculating NFLX and the sheeps who can patronize
that lifestyle.

I did enjoy The Rifleman, Foghorn Leghorn, Popeye, Beverly Hillbillies, Combat, Sea Hunt, Laugh In and The Price is Right (Bob Barker was so smooth) but that era offered few other choices and I was a child.

added to FNGD here 2pm est...this is going to move on NFLX earnings tonite.

Hopefully they'll be some profit taking tomorrow so we can get out of our short positions without getting burned too much.

I went in on sqqq when it was up 170 and it kept going to 214.

I don't ever recall seeing a significant up day after a huge up day.

I did enjoy The Rifleman, Foghorn Leghorn, Popeye, Beverly Hillbillies, Combat, Sea Hunt, Laugh In and The Price is Right (Bob Barker was so smooth) but that era offered few other choices and I was a child.

We are probably similar in age. I watched that stuff too. There were 4 network stations and PBS.

I enjoy watching Hee Haw. Even now. Streaming does have some benefits. I can watch all the old stuff

I get a bad position I'll sit on it..the market is full valued plus...i'm 75% cash and lucky for now.

Ya... Macneill & Lehrer and that ols stock market guy Paul and Louis wall street week...miss it

Originally Posted by Cujet
I remain convinced that amateur investors are on a money losing program.

I have put the max into my IRA's over the last 30 years. I now have $50K in there. I would have been far better off just putting the money under my mattress. The setup is as follows, I take the losses, but never get the gains! What could be better for my investment broker. Individual stocks can be even worse.

My Ford stock is under $9 today. Paid $12 for it before the current economic upturn. Not every stock goes up during good economic times.

I've been doing this a long time. My advice. Purchase an index fund when the market is at a low point. Otherwise stay out.

Very true In the current bull market since 2008 sales growth seemed to mean much more than any profit growth and the persistence of this trend has stayed the course since 2010. Even with indexes at records I can find quite a few stocks in stable businesses with a 30% + free cash flow yield which is usually a very uncommon event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back